Re: Hello from Berea KY

:welcome: Howdy,
You believe the Dems will save the United States. That's just fine. We here at the LGC accept all folks regardless of their religious beliefs.
:laugh:
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Hello OriginalDBE, and welcome to our forum. How bout me and you meet for lunch at Papa Leno's sometime? I'm just up the road from you in Lexington, but I lived in Berea about 10 years ago.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Welcome from WA! There are a heck of a lot of us in the same boat on this issue, and the automatic shaming of gun owners that happens by the anti-gun movement makes us unwilling to say "Many of us who vote D or liberal also value our gun rights." But there are a lot of us! Glad you found this place. :welcome:
Morale was deteriorating and it was all Yossarian's fault. The country was in peril; he was jeopardizing his traditional rights of freedom and independence by daring to exercise them.