Hello from Berkeley

Hi all, I am a 30-year gun guy with lots of personal and professional experience in firearms, including a misspent youth in Oregon. Been thinking about guns and policy a lot lately. Reading books, hitting the range, taking courses, and lurking the forums. My favorite gun is the one that I didn't just buy last week. Now if I can just get an FDE five seven, a CZ-75D, and a Hoth ice-trooper special edition Steyr Scout (have you seen this thing?!?!), I will be done collecting. . . .

Cheers . . . .

Re: Hello from Berkeley

Welcome!

That linked Steyr has a white stock, which you don't see every day, outside of ski troops.

Edit: OK, I just noticed your full description of it, "Hoth ice troop..." Pretty awesome.
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

:welcome: from the desert!

What was your desire for the CZ-75D based on?

I've oned the B, the D, and went back to a polished stainless B and found the trigger of the decocker version to be grittier out of the box than the others. The CZ-75 has never had a wonderful stock trigger but the decocker version was well known among enthusiasts to be the most difficult to clean up.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone
Bisbee wrote::welcome: from the desert!

What was your desire for the CZ-75D based on?

I've oned the B, the D, and went back to a polished stainless B and found the trigger of the decocker version to be grittier out of the box than the others. The CZ-75 has never had a wonderful stock trigger but the decocker version was well known among enthusiasts to be the most difficult to clean up.
I actually haven't looked into the D, yet. I meant PCR and was only thinking about weight/coolness factor. But thanks for the tip. I think I will get a regular compact anyway since I don't carry and I had one in the 90's that shot a clay pigeon out of the air quick draw. Yah, not repeatable, but those things point naturally.

A comment on the decocker’s trigger.

I agree with you, Bisbee. My SP-01 tactical (decocker) has a much grittier DA trigger than my stainless 75 B. However, after replacing springs with the Cajun Gun Works set and their extended firing pin, both are acceptable. The CZ SA triggers, while not spectacular, are fine once you lighten them a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk