Hello from Massachusetts!

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to guns, but over the past three years I've gone from one WWII milsurp rifle to two of them, a shotgun, some handguns, a 15-22, and am now in the middle of my first AR build on a pre-ban lower I paid way too much for. I've always been kind of uncomfortable going to ranges, clubs, shops, etc. and having to put up with the Confederate flags, ultra-nationalism, Trump idolizing, downright awful things I've overheard (in line for a show recently I had to listen to a guy in front of me trying to make jokes about sexual assault for about ten minutes that even the other clearly far-right people he was talking to were slightly uncomfortable about), etc. and I'd gotten to the point where I figured I had to be one of the only sane gun owners who wouldn't be on the wrong end of the Bluesmobile in Illinois. So, I am relieved to have found this website, as I didn't think such a thing existed but feel that the need for a community like ours has never been greater. It's honestly a huge relief. Looking forward to my time here, learning with you guys and sharing knowledge in an environment that doesn't always turn to racism/sexism/anti-Semitism/Islamophobia/etc., and perhaps learning about how to find a place to shoot that isn't entirely unbearable either (to be fair the place I already use isn't that bad, but just wondering if there's an even bluer club out there).

- Notanutjob (couldn't help myself)
No, really, I own a bunch of guns and I'm a sane moderate