Hello from Chicago/Milwaukee!

Hi everyone,

Learned about the group last year, about the same time I got more interested in firearms. I've been looking to join a forum and club where I could talk about firearms with other enthusiasts, but have been put off by some of the things I've seen on other forums, so this place seems like a great fit. My interest has stemmed from a childhood fascination with history and engineering, which snowballed into military history and thus a love of milsurp firearms. I'm pretty new to firearm ownership overall, and wouldn't mind tips and pointers overall. I currently own a Savage Mk.2 in .22, an old single shot in 12ga, and an AR15. I'd love to devote more time and resources to them, but tuition isn't exactly cheap :greedy:.
Eastern European immigrant who grew up in Chicago, studying in Milwaukee now, shoutout to anyone in the area.

Re: Hello from Chicago/Milwaukee!

Welcome Mir, from Lexington KY. Glad to have you with us.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

methodmissing wrote:Welcome Mir! We joined on the same day, must be good luck. I am envious of your Savage .22, where do you shoot it around here?
Would you believe I also got the Savage for $125 shipped? The land in Sheboygan that my buddy owns has no range fees or hours, so that's the best place I've taken it so far! Other then that, Maxxons is only range I've been to so far, planning on visiting Article 2 and Gatguns sometime soon. Not a whole lot of places within the city proper unfortunately :'(.

:welcome:
BTW, that is actually JColville in the photo he posted, exposing himself to modern art.
Can't vouch for Bang being in his photo or not...
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bang wrote:Hello from Utah :welcome:

What kind of features are you running on your AR? Or do you keep a plain jane build?
Thanks!

It's fairly plain so far, have a MBUIS and a Bushnell reddot on it. I'm not a fan of overly accessorized ARs, too much clutter. Was thinking of putting on a foregrips, the angled one from Magpul looks nice. Do you.have your own AR?

Mir wrote:
Bang wrote:Hello from Utah :welcome:

What kind of features are you running on your AR? Or do you keep a plain jane build?
Thanks!

It's fairly plain so far, have a MBUIS and a Bushnell reddot on it. I'm not a fan of overly accessorized ARs, too much clutter. Was thinking of putting on a foregrips, the angled one from Magpul looks nice. Do you.have your own AR?
I do, I have a DPMS Bull 24. Very plain, pretty heavy. The only addition I've made is a scope, which was needed since it didn't come with any sights.