Light for shotgun?

I am looking to mount a flashlight to my FN P-12. I could get one with a remote switch and use 3M VHB Trim Tape or industrial Velcro to attach it to the shotgun forearm (both practical and tacticool). Alternatively, I could go with the push button on the rear of the light (not as practical or tacticacool).

What flashlight(s) do you use on a HD shotgun? Do you use it with a Remote Pressure Switch? If so how do you attach the switch if there is no picatinny rail or similar mounting surface to attach it?

Re: Light for shotgun?

Sitting back and thunken a little mpre on the subject i would go with a push button it i could not find on that mounts on the sliding fowend.
1. The wire would need to be long to travel the length of the stoke and would hang down and could snag on something or give your adversary something else to grab hold of. ( even the slinky cord type wire.)

2. Depending how long the strip switch is it may limit your hand placement on the forend.( If your a smaller person your hand may be back to far to reach the strip switch.)
It's time to elect leadership not re elect it.
Drain the swamp!

Light for shotgun?

I have a light and laser on my Mossberg 500 in .410 bore and a push button light on my 500 12 gauge. The former has two pressure switches.

Here are some quick pictures. The setup on the .410 is a cheapie UTG combo that has worked great for at least 5 years and several hundred rounds of buckshot. It has two pressure switches, one under the thumb for the light and the other under the index finger for the laser. The coiled cables to the switches have never given me any problems whatsoever once I decided on how to route them.

The 12 gauge has an Elzetta ZSM-T Mount and a Streamlight 88850 poly flashlight. The push button switch is a bit of a stretch for my thumb but not outrageous. I had to modify the mount a bit to allow the fore end to rack fully. If you were to go with one, PM me for details.

As promised...

I'm using a TLR-4 on My Mossberg 590 Shockwave with a rail . If you can add a rail it makes it easy to operate both light and laser.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,
Attachments
Mossy 590shockwave-resized.jpg

Thank you. I am thinking of a CDM Gear (http://cdmgear.com/) MTR or MTC light mount. Still not sure on the flashlight. The X300UA looks like a good choice but pricey. I have a TLR-1S pistol light and would not think too hard about buying a 2nd for the shotgun.

I looked at the Fenix lights and they have UIs that are too complicated. I want something very simple.

YankeeTarheel wrote:Can you mount a light that does this?

No but it would be cool to have one that does Santa with a Shotgun.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

I'm not a hunter, but I can recommend you a powerful flashlight that you can see at a long distance and is very good. I have a flashlight like this on my bike. I travel a lot by bike and in addition to the simple vont rechargeable that I download on my own, I also have powerful flashlights that glow from a distance and a few kilometers away. I think you'll like it and you will recommend it to other hunters . I ordered it on https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Rechargeab ... B078TB9TMK and he saved my life a few times . This flashlight have a special thing and you can put it on your shotgun and it's very comfortable.
Last edited by GLekter on Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Light for shotgun?

I’ve been perusing this thread for a light mounting option for my Maverick 88 shotgun. This is my “shed gun” that I keep at hand for coyotes, and occasionally dispatching an errant raccoon or possum. I like the clamp type options as I could use them for multiple shotguns, but I have a stream light ProTac that mounts directly to a rail so I went with this option:
Shotgun shells are finally arriving on local shelves. I was finally able to get some 0 buck shot loads to test out before dipping into my minimal supply. 5.99 a box is pretty good these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one of the Streamlight TLR's on my Maverick 88 "house gun".
I have my Maverick 88 setup for mini-shells, so recoil is a bit lighter, and the very compact size/weight helps it to stay put. I have put 20 rounds of min-buckshot, and about as many of "big boy" buckshot.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”