Hiatus- also shotgun loadings for the apocalypse discussion

Sorry for being gone so long, been real busy. still am. Figured i'd pop in to say hey.

Also. Shotgun loadings discussion, which is best of the apocalypse. Zombie apocalypse, old fashioned alien apocalypse, trump gets a second term apocalypse, nuclear wasteland apocalypse. whatever you want. 12ga?, 16ga? OO buck, birdshot. custom rounds. also anything from taofledermaus is very welcome, encouraged even.

Shotguns, what is best in life, besides crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you and hearing the lamentations of they women.
In Solidarity.

Re: Hiatus- also shotgun loadings for the apocalypse discuss

My choice is (and this is still on my to-buy list) the Remington 870 Marine Magnum pump shotgun. It is designed for the harsh climate of the sea, so it will be able to stand up to the humid conditions I live in.
gun870marine.JPG
For ammo:
00 Buck, 0 and 000 would be ok too. This would be the bulk of my ammo
Slugs
Rubber buck shot
bean bag rounds
Dragon breath
The last three are less/non lethal. In some SHTF cases, discouraging people from coming on you property might be a better choice. I think of these for riot situations. While the Dragon breath fires magnesium shot, it's real purpose is to be a visual deterrent. Of course it can only be used in wet weather to avoid a wildfire. But where I live that is about 80% of the year.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

On my birthday wish list for this year. Mossberg 590 Shockwave 12 ga. I know it really isn't a shotgun but a firearm. Ammo the Aguila minis in Buckshot (#4 mixed with #1) Slugs and birdshot.Can load 9 in the magazine and one in the pipe. Also can shot regular 12 ga and 3 inch magnum if you dare.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

20 gauge 3 inch magnum.. #6 shot .. something with a long barrel that is reasonably light and swings well.. you aren't going to be shooting people.. rather you will be shooting yummy game birds and tasty rabbits and squirrels so you can survive... plenty of gun if you do end up in a self defense scenario, but unlikely.. look at the most recent major crisis's.. not a lot of folks killing folks... that pretty much strictly Hollywood and RPG fantasy stuff... big game is a real hassle to properly dress and almost impossible to preserve unless you are experienced enough and in touch with the reality of apocalypses enough to have butchering facilities and refrigeration.. but upland game and small tasty furry animals come in convenient 1 and 2 person meal size packages and tend to be a replaceable sustainable food source if everybody else has short barreled self defense shotguns and buck shot and slugs suitable for deer and bear..

just a though if you are planning on surviving and not being some kind of sicko mass murder.

AmirMortal wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:28 pm
Marlene wrote:"Their women" ought to pop you in the eye. In your fantasy where the world collapses and you suddenly have something to offer the world, 10 gauge is the right choice.

Welcome back.
In a Saiga, with Flechettes.
OOH, those are nasty Marlene. All I got is )) 3"mags for my 870 Express. I wanted a Saiga semi-auto 20Ga or .410 but hard to find. Plus I need a wheel gun I can carry first. So many things, so little $$.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Re: Hiatus- also shotgun loadings for the apocalypse discussion

In this age, Shotgun would be last on my list. HOWEVER...

If that's all I had, I would buy buckshot and slugs.

Unless you live in an EXTREMELY RURAL area, the hunting aspect of the "zombie apocalypse" just isn't going to work out the way people think.

Shotguns have their place, but they are very specialized as a defensive weapon, and their usefulness falls into a very small realm.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

lurker wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:32 pm i haven't followed the zombie wars since "dawn of the dead", 1978. have anti-zombie tactics evolved since then?
:roflmao:

It looks like it has: "Pentagon document lays out battle plan against zombies" article from 2014. Looks like the zombies won despite all the planning.

https://www.cnn.com/2014/05/16/politics ... index.html

In an unclassified document titled "CONOP 8888," officials from U.S. Strategic Command used the specter of a planet-wide attack by the walking dead as a training template for how to plan for real-life, large-scale operations, emergencies and catastrophes.

Every phase of the operation from conducting general zombie awareness training, and recalling all military personnel to their duty stations, to deploying reconnaissance teams to ascertain the general safety of the environment to restoring civil authority after the zombie threat has been neutralized are discussed.

And the rules of engagement with the zombies are clearly spelled out within the document.

"The only assumed way to effectively cause causalities to the zombie ranks by tactical force is the concentration of all firepower to the head, specifically the brain," the plan reads. "The only way to ensure a zombie is 'dead' is to burn the zombie corpse."

There are even contingency plans for how to deal with hospitals and other medical facilities infiltrated by zombies, and the possible deployment of remote controlled robots to man critical infrastructure points such as power stations if the zombie threat becomes too much
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

I was just reading about exotic shotgun rounds over on pew pew. Some pretty cool stuff. I might buy some Flechettes (some nasty shit there) that Marlene recommended. But i also would like to try out some flash-bangs and rubber shot rounds. Kinda pricey at 5 to 6 bucks a piece.
Maybe a first non-lethal round would work good as in the rubber shot, especially inside the house. No flash-bangs in the house lol. https://www.pewpewtactical.com/exotic-shotgun-ammo/
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

tonguengroover wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:45 am I was just reading about exotic shotgun rounds over on pew pew. Some pretty cool stuff. I might buy some Flechettes (some nasty shit there) that Marlene recommended. But i also would like to try out some flash-bangs and rubber shot rounds. Kinda pricey at 5 to 6 bucks a piece.
Maybe a first non-lethal round would work good as in the rubber shot, especially inside the house. No flash-bangs in the house lol. https://www.pewpewtactical.com/exotic-shotgun-ammo/
Don't click on the Flechettes link in that article. Search for it yourself. Trust me, OK?
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt