Re: Remington importing 870s?

I feel like I'm becoming the Snopes of the LGC Forum.

Per Wikipedia

Chinese versions
Arms manufacturer Norinco, of the People's Republic of China, has made unlicensed copies of the Remington 870 as the design is no longer under patent protection. The most common of these designs are the Norinco HP9-1 and M-98, the difference being that the HP9-1 has either a 12.5" or 14" barrel, whereas the M-98 has an 18.5" barrel.[11] In the United States, where most Norinco products are specifically non-importable,[12] this shotgun was imported and sold under the names Norinco Hawk 982 and Interstate Hawk 982.[13]
LGC Texas - Vice President

All are made in NY state. Individual components therein could be made elsewhere. If they are made in Russia, they are still doing some damn fine work. I've had thousands of shells through my newest one (2014) without an issue.

Country of Origin on a Remington Serial # Sticker
Made in USA.png
LGC Texas - Vice President

I've owned that Chinese copy Tex mentioned at one time. It was a very heavy gun and felt like they recycled tank parts to make their "870". But it certainly was solidly built and tamed 3" shells' recoil somewhat better than the lighter Remingtons; more a gun of war than a gun for hunting. Stocks interchanged and maybe even the barrels.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

atxgunguy wrote:All are made in NY state. Individual components therein could be made elsewhere. If they are made in Russia, they are still doing some damn fine work. I've had thousands of shells through my newest one (2014) without an issue.

Country of Origin on a Remington Serial # Sticker
Made in USA.png
+1

Buy American new.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack