Re: So how many Right handed shotgunners are...

Pfletch83 wrote: I've been looking at a Southpaw version of the Mossberg 590A1 and it seems to be a better hunting/defensive shotgun due to how it's set up.
So how is it set up that makes it better for a defensive shotgun for a right handed shooter? I always enjoy new ideas about things. Thanks.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Hiker wrote:
Pfletch83 wrote: I've been looking at a Southpaw version of the Mossberg 590A1 and it seems to be a better hunting/defensive shotgun due to how it's set up.
So how is it set up that makes it better for a defensive shotgun for a right handed shooter? I always enjoy new ideas about things. Thanks.

If you're a southpaw that shoots a right hand ejection shotgun,your vision as well as access to the chamber is unobstructed.

The same goes for a right handed shooter that uses a southpaw scatter gun.

It just maximizes the economy of movement. That also saves time.

Just watch a southpaw shooter using a right hand eject pump shotgun.

It seems like a minor thing at first until a person really sits and studies on it.

Certainly an interesting idea. As soon as you get your lefty shotgun, I hope you will make a short video demonstrating these techniques. I would love to see this.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Ithaca 37 ejects down. Solves all problems, even imagined. You look over the top of most pump guns and the shells are ejected below line of sight. I rarely even notice the shells ejecting.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

Pfletch83 wrote:
AmirMortal wrote:Well I'm a lefty, but I've been considering picking up a lefty version of the M590 just for the option of loading single shells in through the ejection port. Currently it's a bit clumsy using a right handed model.
I haven't heard many complaints from southpaws using right side eject shotguns.
I have no other complaints, aside from Port loading is awkward. Aside from that the safety, slide release, etc are ideal for me on the standard Mossberg configuration. And as you pointed out, viewing the chamber is easier for a lefty with most right handed longarms, and that advantage goes double for lefties and AKs! With AKs, the lefty has a distinct advantage over righties.
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter