Your public land shooting days may be over shortly

Trump's pick for department of interior is favored to selling off the public lands to the highest bidder. So for those in areas that have public lands and lucky enough to be able to go out on them to shoot or hunt your time may be over shortly.
WASHINGTON ― President-elect Donald Trump is expected to nominate Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.) to serve as his secretary of interior, The Wall Street Journal reported Friday morning.

As chair of the Republican conference, McMorris Rodgers is the fourth-ranking Republican in the House and the highest ranking woman in Republican leadership. She also serves on the Energy and Commerce Committee, which has oversight over some of the issues that Interior handles.

The Department of Interior controls 500 million acres of land, or some 20 percent of the U.S. landmass. Its purview includes energy development on public lands, as well as the national parks, wildlife refuges and the outer continental shelf.

McMorris Rodgers was a co-sponsor of a 2011 bill that would have sold off 3 million acres of public lands.

Environmental groups have criticized McMorris Rodgers, saying she has not supported protecting public lands

“In Congress, Rep. McMorris Rodgers has consistently voted to prioritize drilling on our public lands and waters, including in sensitive areas like the Arctic, and even to open up our public lands for sale to the highest bidder,” said League of Conservation Voters President Gene Karpinski in a statement.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... 8e2baf779e
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Your public land shooting days may be over shortly

Then even rich aholes who now illegally block access to public beaches and land, can , im sure cheaply, but those public lands and youll never see them again.

Why were these lands made public to begin with again? Return of the gilded age is near

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

I heard on NPR that a nominee for secretary of the interior is Ryan Zinke, who is in favor of keeping public lands publicly owned.

Aquote from the NYT article
Mr. Zinke would be a continuation of the long tradition of interior secretaries from western states, where the agency oversees millions of acres of federal lands. A third-generation Montanan who grew up in Whitefish, a small railroad and logging town, he has defended keeping the nation’s public lands in federal hands, saying he would never advocate their sale or transfer. But he has also been a staunch advocate of mining and logging on those lands.
Here is the NYT article about it. link may be bad after 24 hrs...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/us/po ... paper&_r=0

I can exhale, but still am getting ready for a fight on this.
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.

In MN, we have a huge number of state owned WMAs bought with money from hunters. Not supposed to target shoot on them, but hunting, hiking, running dogs are legal activities. The Federal lands tend to not be really good farming land and we have no oil reserves. This might get the copper-nickel mine opened in the great North Woods and allow for the pollution of some really nice lake country though.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

dougb wrote:In MN, we have a huge number of state owned WMAs bought with money from hunters. Not supposed to target shoot on them, but hunting, hiking, running dogs are legal activities. The Federal lands tend to not be really good farming land and we have no oil reserves. This might get the copper-nickel mine opened in the great North Woods and allow for the pollution of some really nice lake country though.
This reminds me of the mining project that Scott Walker was trying to ram down the throats in Northern Wisconsin.

Unfortunately we must prepare for more of the same.
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.