Rick Perry leading the pack for Sec. Dept. Of Energy

Hello oil companies. Rick "I Forgot" Perry is leading candidate for Secretary of the Department of Energy. Goodbye renewables.
Donald Trump has narrowed his search for energy secretary to four people, with former Texas Governor Rick Perry the leading candidate.

People familiar with the president-elect’s selection process said two Democratic senators from energy-producing states -- Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Joe Manchin of West Virginia -- are also in the mix, along with Ray Washburne, a Dallas investor and former chairman of the Republican National Committee.

If Trump picks any of the four he’ll break with recent tradition of putting scientists at the top of the Energy Department. Among other things, the agency is responsible for policies on the safe handling of nuclear material and on emerging energy technologies.

Trump met with Perry and Washburne while attending the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore on Saturday. It was at least the second time he’d spoken to the men for potential roles in the new administration. Trump interviewed Heitkamp at Trump Tower in New York on Dec. 2, and is scheduled to meet with Manchin on Monday.
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/arti ... -secretary
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Rick Perry leading the pack for Sec. Dept. Of Energy

Is this a massive troll job? Wasn't Energy the Cabinet Department Perry forgot in his hilarious "Oops Moment" in 2012? And now Trump wants him to run it. Seems like trolling.

And I wonder Governor Goodhair (Molly Ivins was a national treasure and is missed now more than ever) is going to be excising the cancer to the conservative movement that is Trump from within his cabinet.

Satire fails in times like these.
Do you believe in unlikelihoods?

CottonMcKnight77 wrote:Is this a massive troll job? Wasn't Energy the Cabinet Department Perry forgot in his hilarious "Oops Moment" in 2012? And now Trump wants him to run it. Seems like trolling.

And I wonder Governor Goodhair (Molly Ivins was a national treasure and is missed now more than ever) is going to be excising the cancer to the conservative movement that is Trump from within his cabinet.

Governor Goodhair, I forgot that was her nickname for Perry. I so miss Molly Ivins, she had a wonderful way with words. And she was a straight talker about the good ole boys in the Austin Capitol and all their mischief. Molly and Ann Richards were friends, both former drinkers.

Perry when he was campaigning, I believe in PA during one of his runs for the big house.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Attachments
FEDvf.jpg
FEDvf.jpg (17.73 KiB) Viewed 3778 times

highdesert wrote:
CottonMcKnight77 wrote:Is this a massive troll job? Wasn't Energy the Cabinet Department Perry forgot in his hilarious "Oops Moment" in 2012? And now Trump wants him to run it. Seems like trolling.

Governor Goodhair, I forgot that was her nickname for Perry. I so miss Molly Ivins, she had a wonderful way with words. And she was a straight talker about the good ole boys in the Austin Capitol and all their mischief. Molly and Ann Richards were friends, both former drinkers.

Perry when he was campaigning, I believe in PA during one of his runs for the big house.
That has to be a Photoshop... doesn't it? :clap2:

highdesert wrote:
CottonMcKnight77 wrote:
That has to be a Photoshop... doesn't it? :clap2:
As far as I know it is not, he was eating a corndog (maybe his dentures slipped) under a reproduction of Michelangelo's Adam and a photographer snapped it. Priceless! Perry never came across as too bright.
To be fair to Perry, there are quite a few unfortunate corndog-related pictures out there.