Turnip only needs intell brief 1X Wk. he's a smart person

Trump says he's a smart person so he only needs the intelligence briefing once a week. :roflmao:
WASHINGTON ― President-elect Donald Trump said in an interview airing Sunday that he doesn’t need to receive a daily intelligence briefing, stating he only gets the briefing when he needs it.

“I don’t have to be told ― you know, I’m, like, a smart person. I don’t have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day,” Trump said in an interview airing on “Fox News Sunday.” “I don’t need to be told ... the same thing every day, every morning ― same words. ‘Sir, nothing has changed. Let’s go over it again.’ I don’t need that.”

Trump is reportedly only receiving an intelligence briefing just once a week. The president-elect said the people who are giving him the briefings are “very good people” and that he was always available if something changed. He also said that Vice President-elect Mike Pence was receiving the briefings.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... 8e2bb04195

So the guy that is probably going to really run things OMG, Pence, is getting the briefing.

Or maybe Trunip is getting what he needs to know from Putin.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Turnip only needs intell brief 1X Wk. he's a smart perso

The Turnip doesn't have a strong Rep majority in the Senate and he's pissed off a lot of Senators in his own party. He may not have an easy path in getting some of his confirmations through such as Rex Tillerson for SOS. Cozying up to old Vladamir, Turnip has unknowingly brought Reps and Dems together.
The CIA has concluded with "high confidence" that Russia sought to influence the U.S. election on behalf of Trump. The finding alarmed lawmakers, including Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain who said Sunday he planned to put Sen. Lindsay Graham, a staunch Trump critic, in charge of investigating the claim.McCain also has questions about Tillerson's business relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin, although it's not clear Tillerson will be nominated. Sunday afternoon, Tillerson had still not been formally offered the job, according to a person with knowledge of the process who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Exxon steadily expanded its Russian business on Tillerson's watch even as its rivals faced expropriation and regulatory obstacles. In 2013, Putin bestowed the Order of Friendship on Tillerson.

"Maybe those ties are strictly commercial and got to do with his business in the oil business. Fine," McCain told CBS "Face the Nation." And "we'll give him a fair hearing. But is it a matter of concern? Certainly it should be a matter of concern."

McCain wasn't alone in raising questions about whether there would be enough blowback to sink a Tillerson nomination."Being a 'friend of Vladimir' is not an attribute I am hoping for from a #SecretaryOfState," tweeted Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio, Trump's former campaign rival and a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Pennsylvania Democratic Sen. Bob Casey said the developments "raise serious questions about whether the incoming administration will adequately stand up to Russia's aggression."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Turnip only needs intell brief 1X Wk. he's a smart perso

"Not knowing a damn thing about this job is what got me elected, so continuing to not know shit will make me an awesome president." :P

More seriously, it seems likely that Trump intends to let other people do most of the heavy lifting with regard to policy, decision making and that whole Presidential job bit. Remember the idea that Dubya Bush was just a puppet for Cheney? That may be the case here, but this puppet is even more clueless.
"These are hard times, NOT end times!"
- Jon Stewart, Rally to Restore Sanity

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.