Top candidate for Sec.of State is Exxons CEO

If it can't be from Goldman Sachs let it be from oil and a friend of Putin.
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - Exxon Mobil Corp Chief Executive Rex Tillerson emerged on Friday as President-elect Donald Trump’s leading candidate for U.S. secretary of state, a senior transition official said.

Trump met Tillerson on Tuesday and may talk to him again over the weekend, the official said. Trump appears to be in the final days of deliberations over his top diplomat with an announcement possible next week.

Tillerson’s favored status was revealed as former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani formally withdrew from consideration for secretary of state.

The transition official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Tillerson, 64, had moved ahead in Trump’s deliberations over 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, who has met Trump twice, including at a dinner in New York.

But the official said Romney was still under consideration for the job, along with John Bolton, a former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations; U.S. Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee, and retired Navy Admiral James Stavridis.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... 8e2bb013af

The richest cabinet ever.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Top candidate for Sec.of State is Exxons CEO

HuckleberryFun wrote:Of course he's qualified. He can see Russia from his Exxon Valdez wheelhouse.
LoL

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

HuckleberryFun wrote:Of course he's qualified. He can see Russia from his Exxon Valdez wheelhouse.
And he has the Russians onboard.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - The Kremlin on Monday praised Rex Tillerson, front-runner to be U.S. President-elect Donald Trump’s pick for Secretary of State, as highly professional.

Trump is expected to name Tillerson, chief executive of Exxon Mobil <XOM.N>, as Washington’s top diplomat, a source familiar with the situation said on Saturday. The appointment would add another figure in Trump’s cabinet with close ties to Russia.

“As part of his duties as head of one of the biggest oil companies, he had contacts with our representatives,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov, said on a conference call with reporters. “He carries out his duties in a highly professional way.”

Asked about how close Tillerson is to Putin, Peskov said: “They had working meetings. Indeed, the president received Mr. Tillerson several times.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kre ... s_politics
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Confirmed by the transition team, Tillerson is Secretary of State (SOS) nominee. Normally there is a deference to new presidents and their nominees but the storm clouds are already gathering over this one.
Donald Trump announced Tuesday he will nominate oil tycoon Rex Tillerson to be secretary of State, setting up a potential confrontation with fellow Republicans on Capitol Hill who are uneasy with the Exxon Mobil chief executive’s close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

In a brief statement released by his transition office early Tuesday morning, Trump praised Tillerson, 64, as “among the most accomplished business leaders and international dealmakers in the world” and said he would be a “forceful and clear-eyed advocate for America’s vital national interests.”

The announcement came as Trump finds himself increasingly at odds with members of his own party over his favorable posture toward Russia. Senate Republicans have already announced they will move forward with a bipartisan investigation of Russian meddling in the presidential election, even as Trump mocked intelligence reports that Putin’s government sought to help him win the race.

In picking Tillerson, Trump is launching a battle of wills with some high-profile congressional Republicans, including the party’s 2008 presidential nominee, Arizona Sen. John McCain, who has spent the last several days signaling discomfort with the choice.

The nomination will probably test senators’ appetites for defying Trump’s administration and reveal what, if any, political price is to be paid by those who do so.

Anything short of full GOP support in the Senate could doom a Tillerson nomination, as nearly all Democrats are likely to oppose him based both on objections to his Russia ties and on their concerns about Exxon’s environmental record.

Trump aides hope to win over wavering senators with high-profile endorsements of Tillerson from mainstream GOP foreign policy figures, including former Secretaries of State James A. Baker III and Condoleezza Rice. They will also argue that Tillerson’s ability to close business deals in some of the most politically volatile spots in the world positioned him well for the job as the nation’s top diplomat.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol ... story.html
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Its official the Trump has picked him for SOS with Bolton as the number two spot in state.

Trump and his transition team in the announcement sounds like this is a done deal. I'm waiting to see the fireworks in the Senate and between them and Trump when it is contested. Just like many of his other appointees will be contested.

TrueTexan wrote:Its official the Trump has picked him for SOS with Bolton as the number two spot in state.

Trump and his transition team in the announcement sounds like this is a done deal. I'm waiting to see the fireworks in the Senate and between them and Trump when it is contested. Just like many of his other appointees will be contested.
Do you really think anyone in a Senate leadership position for the Dems will throw a monkey wrench in any of Trumps nominees. They havent had much of a backbone prior to this so Im not hoping for much now.
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here! The Dude.
Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap - Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled