I'm from Colorado and y'all seem pretty nice.

Good morning, liberal gun club folk.

I've been poking around this forum for a few months now, and I have got to say that I don't think I've ever seen a more pleasant community on the internet anywhere. It seems that thread after thread, there's near zero confrontation, and where it does happen, it seems constructive and backed in like....you know...facts. What a refreshing firearm community! Thanks for being here.

So I joined!
I'm from Colorado. Came from a small town near boulder, currently live in the denverish area.
Been shooting a lot of guns recently, going into a lot of different stores and ranges. Talking to a lot of people.
Most gun folk seem nice, but exceedingly and blindly opinionated. Take Grandpa's pawn and gun, for example;
They told me I "need a gun because of the muslims comin' into the country" (rude and a total ripoff, i could not recommend)
I feel like I'm not likely to find someone saying that here, and that makes me happy.

I would love to discuss the merits of civilian ownership of short-barreled centerfire semiauto rifles without having to wade through rampant racism, you know?
It don't seem like that much to ask for....

The LGC community is a breath of fresh air.
Last edited by Foofu on Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Free love, yo. Does anybody have any broken guns they don't want?

Re: I'm from Colorado and y'all seem pretty nice.

welcome from Missouri

and I wouldnt worry to much about the Muslims. I've lived in south St. Louis city since 1996 surrounded by , oh lets see , around 33,000 Muslims. Largest population of Bosnian refugees in the USA here. Not once have I had a problem with or felt threatened by anyone of them because of their religion. Now there are a few who are not nice people, but that's just how humans are. I have more problems with "good Christians" than with Muslims in my life time lol .. But again, I dont judge a group by the actions of individuals..
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Hot diggity damn! Y'all are such peaches. I'm loving this.
Bisbee wrote::welcome:
You don't seem half bad yourself! Glad you found us.
Now get a haircut and find yourself a job you granola eat'n hippie.
Job==[(Money-food expenses/granola)+sportsmans warehouse]=(Full tummy, New Scope, More powder, 73gr BTHP)=Direct Happiness.
You talkin shit about granola? It's a key variable in the equation for happiness.
dandad wrote: I wouldnt worry to much about the Muslims. I've lived in south St. Louis city since 1996 surrounded by , oh lets see , around 33,000 Muslims. Largest population of Bosnian refugees in the USA here. Not once have I had a problem with or felt threatened by anyone of them because of their religion. Now there are a few who are not nice people, but that's just how humans are. I have more problems with "good Christians" than with Muslims in my life time lol .. But again, I dont judge a group by the actions of individuals..
I've never met a rude Muslim. I've met a lot of mean white people. I mean, I guess most of the people I've met are white, so it's probably more likely that I'd meet a mean one here or there. I think most religious folk are peace-loving; it seems to be one of the main lessons in most religions. I can jive with that. I think I'm much more worried about the people promoting such a casual dismissal of human life. It's ignorant and hateful and against the spirit of our whole nation, you know? Encouraging religious profiling is not an element of our constitution. I think you've got a healthy attitude, dandad.
Queen wrote:Spent some time in Boulder and Nederland way back in the 70's, you are absolutely from gods country, lucky you!
I ain't supposed to tell outsiders this, but Colorado is balls-to-the-wall cool. I really have no inclination to leave. We've got good air up here, you know?
I feel like magpul made a mistake bailing on colorado...but that's just my opinion.
CDFingers wrote:You need a gun because unpunched paper exists.
Welcome from California where we're about to experiment with a new product like your economy did... (Personally I think CA is going to buy Kansas and lease it back to them at a profit).
Exactly! Pacifism doesn't apply to paper. You can always grow more. You could even make it outta your new product, if you don't mind the seeds. It's about time for the nation to realize that these laws don't help anybody and were put in place to criminalize minorities. I'd much rather be around a stoner than an alcoholic. That all being said, you all should look out for growers using nasty fertilizer and pesticides. I hear there's some gross carcinogenic shit out there, and I could foresee that causing health problems, especially with something people smoke, you know? I'm just sayin, Keep an eye on it.
Elmo wrote:Cause I can tell you all about by M1A Scout Squad...
Man, I've been drooling over those for like a year. Sorta heafty price tag, but if I had the money, I'd get one in a heartbeat. I think even with the shorty barrel it'd be an easy 800 yard rifle. I have two questions: Do you like the factory trigger on it? and does that funky break do its job well?
highdesert wrote::welcome: from So Cal. How much snow in the Mile High City?
Like none! It's snowed once, i think, this season. At least in town. It's currently almost 70 out.
I feel like my snow tires were a waste of money. Coulda got some fun things that go boom with that.
Dropbear wrote:Welcome! Another liberal NFA SBR fan?
I mean if we have pistols, we should be able to have SBRs. Especially AR SBRs. Like you can have folding pump actions, you could have a way shorter pistol with the same firepower. ARs, with a stock, are both less concealable and longer than their pistol counterpart. Plus they are so very aesthetically appealing.
I've got a 16 inch I'd love to take down to a 10. I'm still considering the pistol route, only because it wouldn't be a regulation problem -no trust needed. Ideally I'd like an SBR and no regulation that said I couldn't let my family shoot or inherit it in the case of my untimely demise. To be honest, the tax stamp doesn't really bother me.

RurouniKakita wrote:Welcome fellow mountain person. We do have a Rocky Mountain Chapter but it's been a little quiet lately. What ranges do you frequent?
Well, not a whole lot. I've been to the shootist pistol range a bunch (they're fair priced and unlimited time) and I've gone to some underregulated places up by connifer/buffalo creek area and out to pony grasslands when I was younger. Firing line was okay, a bit far for me. I didn't like cherry creek very much. (Lots of stopping, lot of wasps, lots of people). I'm thinking of joining a members-only type of thing. I heard there was one east of town that was like $90.00 for a year, but I forgot the name of it. Have any suggestions for me? Ideally I'm looking for a range that allows holster draws, semi auto rifles, and has a decent long range bit (500 yard or more). I mean I'd consider a few, I suppose I am just looking for some opinions.

Foofu wrote:
RurouniKakita wrote:Welcome fellow mountain person. We do have a Rocky Mountain Chapter but it's been a little quiet lately. What ranges do you frequent?
Well, not a whole lot. I've been to the shootist pistol range a bunch (they're fair priced and unlimited time) and I've gone to some underregulated places up by connifer/buffalo creek area and out to pony grasslands when I was younger. Firing line was okay, a bit far for me. I didn't like cherry creek very much. (Lots of stopping, lot of wasps, lots of people). I'm thinking of joining a members-only type of thing. I heard there was one east of town that was like $90.00 for a year, but I forgot the name of it. Have any suggestions for me? Ideally I'm looking for a range that allows holster draws, semi auto rifles, and has a decent long range bit (500 yard or more). I mean I'd consider a few, I suppose I am just looking for some opinions.
The only long range ones (100+ yards) are east of Denver and are typically member only. My local indoor is Shoot Indoors (I have a membership there) and I've seen holster drawing there but I think almost any range will require RSO permission to do that. As long as there isn't a big wait it offers unlimited time, and if there is a big wait you can jump back into the queue for another 1 hr session. I do like the rental fleets at 5280 Armory and BluCore Shooting center but they can get pricey. BluCore has a better rental program allowing you to try multiple guns with a rental payment as long as you feed them with their range ammo where 5280 is priced per gun and you have to feed them range ammo.
I shoot guns and make ammo to.