CZ Redhead Premier O/U

:yahoo: My first O/U shotgun is officially in my hands. Now I just need to get out to the range! I've been eyeing one of these for awhile now, and was debating between it, a Mossberg Silver Reserve II, or sucking it up and going for a Lightning or Citori. Couldn't bring myself to plunk down the cash for a higher end shotgun, particularly since it's also going to be my duck/pheasant gun so it will see use in the field.

The good: Seems really well made, locks up tight. These Turkish shotguns have gotten to be some pretty decent quality stuff. (Made by Huglu for CZ) I've had good luck with all my other CZ stuff, so now I've got a pistol, rifle, and shotgun made by them! The scroll work is nice, it's not as refined as the high end Browning or Benelli shotguns, but it's pretty enough. The LOP at 13.5" seems to be pretty good for me, from my measurements, it's only off by about a half inch or so for me, so not planning on any modifications in the near term.

Seems to have all the stuff you'd want- I opted for the field version, so chokes are not extended, and the barrel is 26" instead of 28". Single trigger, barrel selection seems to work fine. And it ships with a plastic hard case and comes in some velvet sleeves- I would like the case fit to be a little tighter, but it's ok for now. And for under $800? Pretty damned good deal IMO.

Of course now I'll probably have to start reloading for shotgun. Sigh.
IMG_20160320_143916882_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160320_143925871_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160320_143933226.jpg
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Re: CZ Redhead Premier O/U

shinzen wrote::yahoo: My first O/U shotgun is officially in my hands. Now I just need to get out to the range! I've been eyeing one of these for awhile now, and was debating between it, a Mossberg Silver Reserve II, or sucking it up and going for a Lightning or Citori. Couldn't bring myself to plunk down the cash for a higher end shotgun, particularly since it's also going to be my duck/pheasant gun so it will see use in the field.

The good: Seems really well made, locks up tight. These Turkish shotguns have gotten to be some pretty decent quality stuff. (Made by Huglu for CZ) I've had good luck with all my other CZ stuff, so now I've got a pistol, rifle, and shotgun made by them! The scroll work is nice, it's not as refined as the high end Browning or Benelli shotguns, but it's pretty enough. The LOP at 13.5" seems to be pretty good for me, from my measurements, it's only off by about a half inch or so for me, so not planning on any modifications in the near term.

Seems to have all the stuff you'd want- I opted for the field version, so chokes are not extended, and the barrel is 26" instead of 28". Single trigger, barrel selection seems to work fine. And it ships with a plastic hard case and comes in some velvet sleeves- I would like the case fit to be a little tighter, but it's ok for now. And for under $800? Pretty damned good deal IMO.

Of course now I'll probably have to start reloading for shotgun. Sigh.
IMG_20160320_143916882_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160320_143925871_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160320_143933226.jpg
I have a shotgun press I decided I will never use.

Well she got her maiden voyage at the trap field on Thursday, ran perfectly. No hiccups at all. The stock, as I knew going in to it, is short for my frame so I will be adding a kick ease or something in short order- I did not shoot well, partially due to adjusting for the stock, mostly because I suck at shotgun. But that's why I got it, so I can get better

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Well congrats! I've been pleased with all my CZ purchases old and new. :love: If your looking for .22LR I can recommend CZ. They just like to multiply. Post some more pics of the shotgun.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

shinzen wrote:Yeah, the only flavor of cz I don't have so far is a rimfire. But not in the immediate future- space in the safe is at a premium!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Well when you get more space! I'm thinking a safe or at least a more fireproof locked storage is in my future. Not that anything I have can't be replaced, but I am pleased with each as is.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Well a quick update to this purchase. I've had it out every couple of weeks until this last weekend when a few of us met up for some skeet shooting at Richmond. Flawless performance until then. And then we got a little excitement. First issue was the top barrel didn't reset for the second shot, then a much more exciting double shot! On the plus side it totally vaporized that little orange devil!

So yeah. Contacted CZ yesterday and they are sending me a box/RMA to send it back to the factory. Apparently it takes 4 weeks from the time they get it until it's ready. And so I'm without a shotgun for the next month. Sigh.
- Maya Angelou