What did you reload today?

This thread is for anyone to post what reloading or reloading related function they performed on this day or in the recent past. Please note: Drinking adult beverages is an after reloading activity and does not need to be reported here. Nor does reloading the groceries from the supermarket to the car and from the car to home. This is strictly a cartridge reloading thread.

So I will start. Today I reloaded 500 rounds of .223. I tried to duplicate the M-193 load using a 55 grain Hornady FMJBT bullet over 25.2 grains of 2230 powder in Lake City 2013 cases with CCI 41 primers. With my RCBS Chargemaster and my single stage press I can load 10 rounds in 4 minutes, so it took me a little over three hours to load the 500 rounds.

Re: What did you reload today?

Set up my new Lee Classic Turret last night and did 50 rounds of .223. Overall it's awesome but I'm not a huge fan of the built in priming ram.

Unless I reamed the primer pockets, it was hard to get the primers in right and all the cases I used yesterday were once fired. My old hand primer will prime those same cases without reaming so I might just do that next time.

88 rounds of 45 Colt, with a 255 gr RNFP over 7.8 gr of Hi-Skor 800-x. I'm still mulling over what I'm going to use for the .357 stuff.
I love running that Co-ax press...
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

Glad you asked!

I put together a second test batch of ladder loaded .223rem with the following :

LC brass
CCI small rifle primers
62gn FMJBT
IMR4895

I started at 22.7 and went up .2 grains every five rounds to 24.5.

I'm working up rounds for my wife's Savage11VT which has a 24" 1/9 heavy barrel. I'm hoping the heavier rounds will tighten up. The test batch set weekend with 55gn bullets had about a 2" spread at 100 yards., and the rifle is capable of much better. So am I, frankly.

Sweet. Just ordered a box of 500 77gr 223 bullets to work up. Figure since I've got this handy dandy 1:7 twist barrel, I might as well see how it does at stabilizing something with a little more heft.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote:Sweet. Just ordered a box of 500 77gr 223 bullets to work up. Figure since I've got this handy dandy 1:7 twist barrel, I might as well see how it does at stabilizing something with a little more heft.
Careful with those. I tried some 77 Graingers a while ago and couldn't get them down to magazine length. Had great luck with Sierra 69 grain Marchkings though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Knowledge without mileage is BULLSHIT!" -Henry Rollins

ATXOrangeandBlue wrote:
shinzen wrote:Sweet. Just ordered a box of 500 77gr 223 bullets to work up. Figure since I've got this handy dandy 1:7 twist barrel, I might as well see how it does at stabilizing something with a little more heft.
Careful with those. I tried some 77 Graingers a while ago and couldn't get them down to magazine length. Had great luck with Sierra 69 grain Marchkings though.

I hate box mags.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

I did 15 45 Colts with 250 RNFP over 8.1 to 9.0 grains of Power Pistol, and 12 of the same bullet over 18.6 to 19.2 grains of H110.
Can't wait to shoot 'em.

Update: Well, today I shot 'em. Relatively stout recoil from the hotter loads of each powder, especially the H110. I was getting better accuracy by a good margin with H110, too. I'll be working more with these powders for sure.

I also brought along my new AR500 3/4 inch thick gong. Naturally, nothing seriously harmed it. However I did find it interesting that the 6.5x55 swede did more damage, such as it was, than either the 7.62x54 or the .30-06. And by damage, I mean minor roughness at the point of impact.
Last edited by beaurrr on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hell is where:
The Swiss are the lovers

ATXOrangeandBlue wrote:

Shit. Really? That could be problematic. These are the 77gr Matchkings, I hope they'll work.

SG- Watching Cowboy T's vids are always helpful.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

senorgrand wrote:I'm going to try some 38 spc in the next week. Anyone have recommendations on a good reloading vid I can review before starting? I watched a few awhile back, but more is always better.
If I remember correctly you have an older Lyman turret. I would look on you tube for videos on that press. 38spec is so easy what powders and bullets do you have?
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

Things are shaping up on the new home stead. Tomorrow I should have the last of my reloading cabinets and work benches moved and I will begin the process of crafting ammo and cutting steel for my range targets.

senorgrand wrote:Plated 158g rnfp over trailboss.
Is this for 357? Which brand are you using? I'm working through some RMR (X-treme) 158 RNFPs. How are they working for you?

Hillman - yep, round nose flat points
Hell is where:
The Swiss are the lovers