Saiga 20

I know that Saiga 12's have gone up in price, but apparently, some shop has a used Saiga 20 in stock for a mere $350.00 (I will have to sniff this out further), and it has piqued my interest. I am wondering how well a 20 gauge shotgun works, given that I have only fired a 12 gauge shotgun before (Remington 870). Is this caliber a reasonable compromise between 12 gauge and .410 (I have seen Saiga .410's, but I do not know how practical one of those would be). I have heard that 20 gauge is decent for sport shooting and home defense, but I have no idea if these claims are true.
"I have been saying for some time now that America only has one party - the property party. It's the party of big corporations, the party of money. It has two right-wings; one is Democrat and the other is Republican."
-Gore Vidal

Re: Saiga 20

7N6Wolf wrote:I know that Saiga 12's have gone up in price, but apparently, some shop has a used Saiga 20 in stock for a mere $350.00 (I will have to sniff this out further), and it has piqued my interest. I am wondering how well a 20 gauge shotgun works, given that I have only fired a 12 gauge shotgun before (Remington 870). Is this caliber a reasonable compromise between 12 gauge and .410 (I have seen Saiga .410's, but I do not know how practical one of those would be). I have heard that 20 gauge is decent for sport shooting and home defense, but I have no idea if these claims are true.
Well a Saiga .410 is plenty practical if you want the effect of a submachine gun without the Class III rigamarole and the bangity-bang-bang.
I admit I'm bass ackwards:I love Belgian guns and American beer.

Number 3 Buckshot from a twenty gauge has twenty .25 caliber pellets and would not be fun to be on the receiving end. You hit a guy center mass with that smart money on them going down. 20 Gauge slugs can bring down deer just as well 12 gauge slugs do.

I'd buy any Saiga shotgun at that price. The difference in effectiveness between 12 and 12 gauges are not much.
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

Unfortunately, the gun shop had an outdated listing on their website and that Saiga 20 was already sold. :( They only have Saiga 12's and Saiga .410's in stock.
"I have been saying for some time now that America only has one party - the property party. It's the party of big corporations, the party of money. It has two right-wings; one is Democrat and the other is Republican."
-Gore Vidal