Mossberg 590M After Market Forend Options

Hello, I'm a new gun owner who recently purchased a Mossberg 590M. Honestly, I didn't do a great deal of research on the weapon before buying (my fault) I was standing in line at Academy Sports waiting to pay for my Stoeger pump-action shotgun (which was the only thing they had in stock at the time) when I saw a customer buying a Mossberg 590M. The clerk told me they had just one left in stock, but I had already waited two weeks for my background check to clear for the Stoeger. After some debate (helped by the slow footing clerk who knew I was thinking about it), I decided to pay an extra $200 and redo the background check to buy the Mossberg 590M.

Since then, I've had the hardest time finding aftermarket forends for this model. I tried the Magpul forend that's designed for 590 models; I even bought a 7 3/4 inch action slide to make it work. But, it turns out that the 18.5-inch barrel doesn't play well with that set up because it jams hard when you rack it. I think the 18.5-inch barrel could be the issue.

I spoke with a Mossberg rep who said that the 590M is only designed to work with a 6 3/4 action slide and that he could not recommend any aftermarket forends.

I really want to be able to use a vertical grip and attach a flashlight. I've seen other forends that use the Picatinny Rail system, and I was thinking of buying a Mossberg 500 Tactical Forend With 3 Accessory Rail, which is 6 3/4 like the stock rail that came with the gun. However, it only claims to work for Mossberg 500,590,835 500A and Maverick 88 shotguns.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a forend that would work with a Mossberg 590M model?

Re: Mossberg 590M After Market Forend Options

I just bought a TL Racker from Streamlight for one of my 870s. I like it. Says it fits 590 as well.

https://www.streamlight.com/products/de ... /tl-racker#

PRODUCT FACT SHEET
TL-RACKER
SHOTGUN FOREND LIGHT MOSSBERG
AND REMINGTON
PUMP-ACTION SHOTGUNS
Law Enforcement, Security, Sporting Goods, Consumer
The lightweight, all-in-one TL-Racker
shotgun forend tactical light features the latest in high power LED technology, providing 1,000 lumens and 1.5 hours of continuous runtime. The TL- Racker
is designed to easily replace the original factory forend of a Mossberg
or 590
with a 7 3⁄4” action slide, Mossberg
Shockwave or Mossberg 500
or 590
with a 6 3⁄4” action slide, and Remington
870 and TAC-14 model pump-action shotguns*, depending on model. Unscrew the action slide nut to replace the forend. O-ring and gasket sealed.
Body: Impact modified engineering polymer with textured grip, available in Black. Models also available in orange for “Less Lethal” applications.
Facecap: 6000 series machined aircraft aluminum with black anodized finish.
Strap: High strength polyester, black (Shockwave model only).
Length: 8.00 in. (20.32 cm) Width: 1.95 in. (4.95 cm) Grip Height: 2.64 in. (6.71 cm) 12.1 oz. (343 grams) with batteries (batteries included with purchase).

*NOTE: TL-Racker will not fit Mossberg
Flex models regardless of action slide length or Remington
870 Super Mag models.
All Rights Reserved. Mossberg
, 500
and 590
are registered trademarks of O.F. Mossberg and Sons, Inc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxChinaman wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:46 pm I believe ATI makes a pistol grip forend that will fit the 590M. You may have to use one of those flashlight mounts that clamps to the barrel rather than mounts to a Pic rail. If you go this route, make sure the screws are on tight and secured with Loctite. Lol, a guy at my range launched his shotgun flashlight downrange when the screws came loose.
Thanks, I'll check that out.

DamnYankee wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:42 pm I just bought a TL Racker from Streamlight for one of my 870s. I like it. Says it fits 590 as well.

https://www.streamlight.com/products/de ... /tl-racker#

PRODUCT FACT SHEET
TL-RACKER
SHOTGUN FOREND LIGHT MOSSBERG
AND REMINGTON
PUMP-ACTION SHOTGUNS
Law Enforcement, Security, Sporting Goods, Consumer
The lightweight, all-in-one TL-Racker
shotgun forend tactical light features the latest in high power LED technology, providing 1,000 lumens and 1.5 hours of continuous runtime. The TL- Racker
is designed to easily replace the original factory forend of a Mossberg
or 590
with a 7 3⁄4” action slide, Mossberg
Shockwave or Mossberg 500
or 590
with a 6 3⁄4” action slide, and Remington
870 and TAC-14 model pump-action shotguns*, depending on model. Unscrew the action slide nut to replace the forend. O-ring and gasket sealed.
Body: Impact modified engineering polymer with textured grip, available in Black. Models also available in orange for “Less Lethal” applications.
Facecap: 6000 series machined aircraft aluminum with black anodized finish.
Strap: High strength polyester, black (Shockwave model only).
Length: 8.00 in. (20.32 cm) Width: 1.95 in. (4.95 cm) Grip Height: 2.64 in. (6.71 cm) 12.1 oz. (343 grams) with batteries (batteries included with purchase).

*NOTE: TL-Racker will not fit Mossberg
Flex models regardless of action slide length or Remington
870 Super Mag models.
All Rights Reserved. Mossberg
, 500
and 590
are registered trademarks of O.F. Mossberg and Sons, Inc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip