Re: Rem 870, bought used.

Seems to work all right. Tried to mount a Burris Fastfire 2 sight on the included B-Square top rail, but the slots are not deep enough to accommodate the sight's pic adapter. I have a shotgun scabbard and it won't fit with the Bushnell red dot I got for it.
Yet she persisted.

You still have to aim with shot. I love shooting a 12GA, but the bead sights are not my favorite. It does take a little practice to get used to it and regular refresher practice. After shooting other rifles for a while, going back to the shotgun isn't intuitive.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

featureless wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:48 pm
tonguengroover wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:14 am I can see optics on a shotgun if your using slugs but seems pointless for shot. Clue me in
Have you used a red dot? They are very quick and don't care about dim lighting. For home protection, I like every advantage my aging eyes can get. That said, I prefer an AR with a dot.
Yes. Got one on my AR.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

A bit of trouble with the lock for the pump action. It's supposed to lock shut when empty, to be freed with a lever near the trigger. Pretty standard. And loading it is supposed to free it up. Sometimes, however, I can rack it empty without the release lever, but then I need to use the lever after I put rounds in the magazine. Is something worn out on this used gun?
Yet she persisted.