Re: Shotguns picture thread.

Sorry I couldn't help it.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle
Attachments
52914571_143229470069405_356590883816079360_n.jpg

I don't have a photo of my Remington Versa Max Competition Tactical 12 gauge, so this is from the Remington webpage
VersaMax_CompetitionTac.jpg
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

completely shot out, not even a hint of rifling. ;)
LUGO1456.JPG
LUGO1457.JPG
LUGO1458.JPG
after i had a couple of rifles and a couple of pistols, i figured i needed a shotgun, too, because... well, just because. so i bought one, a side by side double barrelled 12 gauge "sportsmans cleveland"*. i think it was sort of a "monkey ward" gun, sold out of the sporting goods dept of a department store. probably made in the 40s by j. stevens. you youngin's wouldn't 'member.
i've probably shot it twice, per barrel that is, and now it gathers dust, lint and dead bugs in the locking cabinet. its last outing was to shoot some 3" slugs, and there's video out there somewhere of me doing the pain dance. i think i even used the F word, followed by the S word. at least i didn't drop it.

* likely so named to capitalize on president grover cleveland 22nd and 24th US president and avid bird hunter who was known as "cleveland the sportsman"
Last edited by lurker on Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

No stocks. Some assembly required. Mint condition, though.

P1010107.JPG

Spearmint, that is.

Here is my Pardner 12 ga that I broke my first clays with. Pic left over from the last equinox.

egg.guage.shottie.JPG

Shooting stuff is fun, as is making things to shoot stuff with.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Here's mine. By law it is not a shotgun. But it does shoot those 12ga shells nicely.
IMG_2660.jpeg
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

I've heard so many pros and cons about those pistols - mostly regarding practicality. It seems that people love 'em or hate 'em. What say you, TrueTexan?
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote:I've heard so many pros and cons about those pistols - mostly regarding practicality. It seems that people love 'em or hate 'em. What say you, TrueTexan?
Shot one this past Spring. Coupled with a laser, they are relatively accurate with mini slugs out to about 10 yards. Practically speaking, I wouldn't rely on it for anything other than amusing the shit out of your friends.

For the price* and possible questionable legality in the long run, you're better off with a Mossberg Persuader.

*Not going to lie, it's super fun, someone buy me one.
LGC Texas - Vice President

K9s wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:22 pm I've heard so many pros and cons about those pistols - mostly regarding practicality. It seems that people love 'em or hate 'em. What say you, TrueTexan?
I got it for home defense with it laser sight bore sighted for 20 feet using mini rounds good for that. Also would make a good truck gun for snakes and small varmits around a farm or ranch. Your not going to do any skeet shooting with it.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

lurker wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:50 am completely shot out, not even a hint of rifling. ;)
LUGO1456.JPG
LUGO1457.JPG
LUGO1458.JPG
after i had a couple of rifles and a couple of pistols, i figured i needed a shotgun, too, because... well, just because. so i bought one, a side by side double barrelled 12 gauge "sportsmans cleveland"*. i think it was sort of a "monkey ward" gun, sold out of the sporting goods dept of a department store. probably made in the 40s by j. stevens. you youngin's wouldn't 'member.
i've probably shot it twice, per barrel that is, and now it gathers dust, lint and dead bugs in the locking cabinet. its last outing was to shoot some 3" slugs, and there's video out there somewhere of me doing the pain dance. i think i even used the F word, followed by the S word. at least i didn't drop it.

* likely so named to capitalize on president grover cleveland 22nd and 24th US president and avid bird hunter who was known as "cleveland the sportsman"
That is awesome. Living in urban Southern California, those kinds of things are thin on the ground.

bajajoaquin wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:51 pm That is awesome. Living in urban Southern California, those kinds of things are thin on the ground.
it seems to be a good gun, probably ideal for skeet and birds. it's looong.
i bought it around 98 or 99 at a little gun and pawn in jasper ga. mountain city guns, gerald harris, prop. and gunsmith, likely deceased. crusty old coot, i liked him.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?