Re: Remington Tac-14

So why did you choose the Remington over the Mossberg? Price only or? I’ve been thinking it would be handy to have one. I do have an 870 SBS that closely matches the TAC 12, but it would be nice to be able to avoid the Imperial (NFA) entanglements, travel across state lines, etc.

I’ve shot both Mossberg and Rem, and don’t have a preference but regularly hear the fan choruses extoll the virtues of each.

The 590 based Shockwave is currently of interest to me.

I am not a fan of the PGO shotgun. I have handled but never shot one and don't plan to. I have a lightweight 12 gauge pump gun and find that its about the most I'd want to shoot with reduced buckshot or slug loads.

Take a look at this evaluation by IRTV: https://www.full30.com/search/The%20Pis ... %20Shotgun

In confined spaces, I'd want a pistol, an AR "pistol," or an AK with a folding stock. My big concern with the PGO shotgun is the recoil (follow up shots) and difficulty aiming.

That said, if you are not recoil sensitive, any PGO shotgun would be lots of fun.

DamnYankee wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:23 pm So why did you choose the Remington over the Mossberg? Price only or? I’ve been thinking it would be handy to have one. I do have an 870 SBS that closely matches the TAC 12, but it would be nice to be able to avoid the Imperial (NFA) entanglements, travel across state lines, etc.

I’ve shot both Mossberg and Rem, and don’t have a preference but regularly hear the fan choruses extoll the virtues of each.

The 590 based Shockwave is currently of interest to me.
I have the Shockwave and with a few admins it is perfect for home defense. I added the OPsol MiniClip this allows you to use the Mini Shot Shells from Aguila. These are the 1.75 inch short shot shells That come in three flavors 7.5 shot BuckShot and 12 ga slug. They are low recoil and I can load 8+1 in the Mossy. If I push it I can load 9+1. They have very low recoil in fact the 7.5 shot is likened to a .22 LR recoil. They do have good penetration so they would stop someone at in house range.

Next I added a rail and TLR-4 Streamlight combo light and laser sight. I can use ether the light or the laser or both. I bore sighted the laser to 20 feet. good for my house. That's about it I did change the safety switch to a larger one that makes it easier to use.

Using the laser the Shockwave can be fired easily from ether the Eye level or the hip.

With the birdshead grip the recoil wants to rotate the gun like a old 45 LC revolver. with you non trigger hand on the foregrip it wants slide back allowing you to load the next round.

I have the first couple of rounds loaded the the 7.5 shot mainly to discourage any home invader. If that doesn't work the it is buckshot and the slugs. I start with the birdshot because really don't want to kill anybody just convince them to leave and not come back.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,