Re: 3 Gunners....

RobertS wrote:Are recoil reducers allowed in Factory and/or practical divisions?
USPSA Multi-gun rules:

No mention in Appendix A, in Limited or Tactical

3 Gun Nation Regional Series rules:

7.3.3 FACTORY SHOTGUN
7.3.3.1 Firearms must function and operate as in the original factory configuration.
7.3.3.2 Internal and External modifications are allowed, provided the modifications do not alter
the original function and operation of the firearm.

7.2.3 PRACTICAL SHOTGUN
7.2.3.1 Firearms must function and operate as in the original factory configuration.
7.2.3.2 Internal and External modifications are allowed, provided the modifications do not alter

I take this to mean, yes recoil reducers are allowed.

Outlaw:

Don't ask, don't tell.

One thing to think about is that a recoil reducer will change the point of balance which may not be a bad thing if you have a long extension tube. However, a heavier shotgun may be more difficult to maneuver and tiring to carry – think long jungle run. Personally, I manage recoil with proper fit, a pad, and reduced recoil loads

spara wrote:
RobertS wrote:Are recoil reducers allowed in Factory and/or practical divisions?
USPSA Multi-gun rules:

No mention in Appendix A, in Limited or Tactical

3 Gun Nation Regional Series rules:

7.3.3 FACTORY SHOTGUN
7.3.3.1 Firearms must function and operate as in the original factory configuration.
7.3.3.2 Internal and External modifications are allowed, provided the modifications do not alter

7.2.3 PRACTICAL SHOTGUN
7.2.3.1 Firearms must function and operate as in the original factory configuration.
7.2.3.2 Internal and External modifications are allowed, provided the modifications do not alter

I take this to mean, yes recoil reducers are allowed.

Outlaw:

Don't ask, don't tell.

One thing to think about is that a recoil reducer will change the point of balance which may not be a bad thing if you have a long extension tube. However, a heavier shotgun may be more difficult to maneuver and tiring to carry – think long jungle run. Personally, I manage recoil with proper fit, a pad, and reduced recoil loads
Thanks Spara. I read that, but it's rather vague in my eyes. I also considered the weight as a possible issue, so I haven't bought one yet, just asking in case I need.

I have the extension tube, so Sunday, I'll be at the range installing and testing it.
Elmo wrote:I dunno, I like having my shoulder pounded. It makes me feel ALIVE!
My shoulder seems to be taking the beating, so I may/may not. It's just something extra to think about.

The 3-Gun Nation rule book was written just this year, so everything goes until it becomes an issue. Note that in USPSA, the rule book is still provisional.

What helped me most in shotgun was taking a skeet class, where they fitted my shotgun to me and showed me how to mount it properly on my shoulder. When I do reload drills, I pay attention to how I mount it when I've finished reloading, then I combine it with a Hopkins drill to work target transitions.

spara wrote:The 3-Gun Nation rule book was written just this year, so everything goes until it becomes an issue. Note that in USPSA, the rule book is still provisional.

What helped me most in shotgun was taking a skeet class, where they fitted my shotgun to me and showed me how to mount it properly on my shoulder. When I do reload drills, I pay attention to how I mount it when I've finished reloading, then I combine it with a Hopkins drill to work target transitions.
That Hopkins drill looks useful, Spara. I"ll give it a try.
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

RobertS wrote:Next order of business: shotgun shell caddies.

How big a caddie should a 3 gunner get? I see Amazon has an 8 shell caddie from taccom for about $37, which is way less than an Invictus Practical or Carbon Arms.
To answer your question, a minimum of 16 should get you through most stages but 24 or chest rig is better for longer stages.

I started with those specific ones, they kinda suck. The clips are literally made from tool holder clips. I use Carbon Arms Pinwheels and I also use an Invictus Practical belt.

I have an older version of 8S4Q Sport Series that work ok

I also have a 12up Quadload MG that works ok.

If you're interested they're for sale, the Sport Series for $25 and the Quadload MG for $70

FYI, I also have 3-Gun coupon codes on my blog