Franchi 48al 20ga

I've been eyeing a new Browning A5 12ga the past couple years but can't quite seem to bring myself to spend $1500 :crazy:

I've discovered as new Franchi 48al 20ga for a really good price. It's only 2 3/4" though. A good little rabbit, quail, and dove gun; not so much for wild pheasant in my opinion. A 5 1/2 pound gun would be mighty nice to carry as opposed to my 8 pound behemoth :thumbup:

I am a little worried about the low brass field loads jamming. Many reports say this gun is finicky.

Does anyone have this gun? How do you like it?

Thanks

Re: Franchi 48al 20ga

2 3/4 mag. lots of birds went down before 12 mags were developed and lots still drop to 20 gauge . 2 3/4 used to be the standard load, with low base being for clay targets.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

People who NEED a magnum for phesants don't spend enough time on a clays range; they're just not hitting the birds square. The last time I hunted pheasant I used a 2 3/4" 20bore A5 and high brass #6 shot. All my birds (one was the longest shot of the day) dropped with authority, and several of the guys carrying 12bore magnums had problems; often they were just feathering the birds rather than really hitting them. It's the Indian, not the arrow.

As for the 48AL, it works just like the Browning. You adjust the friction rings for low brass loads and it will work just fine. I think they're fantastic shotguns.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Yeah, the shooter is to blame a lot. But in the late season when they get up at 45 yards, you're left holding your gun in one hand and you know what in the other. :surrender:

That's where the heavier load is needed ~ 50+ pellets from another 1/4 ounce is not an insignificant number. Again though, I have a 3" 12ga for that type of hunting