First pics of the 12ga Remington 1100 "Koi"

A while back I saw some awesomely painted parts from our mad painter-in-residence, judgepacker, for a Remington 1100. Made to look like koi scales, it was a wonderful departure from the typical wood-and-steel or Taktikool Black we usually see. As my Rem 1100 had a big chip taken out of the forearm, I made a comment that when I found the right replacement pieces I wanted him to do up that paint job for me.

Well, one thing and another happened and I ended up with the original pieces! They arrived two days before a two-week vacation, so I didn't have a chance to make the change before I left. Now that we're hope, I put together the tools needed and got a few preliminary pics.

I'm planning a blog post about it, including action shots, but I promised The Judge a whole mess of pictures - and frankly. i'm just excited to play with it.

The original piece:

And the facelift:

Closeup of the pistol grip:

I like it! It feels great, and the pull is a little shorter than the original; this is *GREAT* for me as I inherited the stumpy limbs of Grampy Duggan and the original stock was too long to be comfortable.

I'll get way more pics and BETTER pics when I get to take it out to the field. I'm experimenting with the new camera and figuring out my lighting.

SO EXCITED! THANK YOU JUDGEPACKER!!!
My blog - Bear Left Guns

Rem 760 .30-06, Ruger Single Six, Remington Nylon 66