My new acquisition...

I walked into my LGS and there she was...a Winchester Model 12 Police shotgun. :yahoo:
We did a serial # search and found mine was made in 1921. It's in great condition but has a crack in the stock right against the receiver. All in all, I am quite pleased. More pictures to follow once I get some more time and light.
All problems can be solved with a copious amount of high explosives.
Attachments
2012-12-21 19.10.37.jpg

Re: My new acquisition...

Congrats!

That's the first gun I ever shot clay with. I bought two (non police) a few years ago, one for me and one to replace the police model that my friend taught me with, which had since been stolen. I remembered it so fondly that I couldn't stand for him to be without one. The look on his face made that the best $200 I ever spent.

M4Builder wrote:I walked into my LGS and there she was...a Winchester Model 12 Police shotgun. :yahoo:
We did a serial # search and found mine was made in 1921. It's in great condition but has a crack in the stock right against the receiver. All in all, I am quite pleased. More pictures to follow once I get some more time and light.
Nice. I like my Ithaca 37's better but there's nothing wrong with the Winchester 12 :) Bust some clay! :thumbup:
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

M4Builder wrote:Thanks guys! This is my first pump shotgun.
I plan to join that club soon, myself (assuming we don't see changed to the NFA) There's just an elegance to the classic old trench guns that you don't see anywhere else. Again, well done on your new purchase!
The Drop Bear, Thylarctos plummetus, is a large, arboreal, predatory marsupial related to the Koala.