Re: 140 Republicans to join Trump’s effort to overturn the election on January 6th

sikacz wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:34 am True sig and highdesert. More are responsible than just a few at the top of the capital police. Give it time, all will slowly be revealed.
I don't think so. Hearings might happen, investigations announced, etc. Maybe some civil suits and settlements with NDA for the family of one police officer.

I doubt they really want everyone to know how easily this happened. However, now I have a better understanding of why Barr left so fast and why DoD was decapitated. We now know who didn't allow the Maryland National Guard into DC to stop the coup.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Re: 140 Republicans to join Trump’s effort to overturn the election on January 6th

featureless wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:15 pm
highdesert wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:12 pm
featureless wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:19 pm
highdesert wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:18 pm I hate to see any loss of life, but Ashli Babbitt broke into a secure facility. We don't know if she was armed and she wasn't just strolling through the building, she was breaking into a restricted area. I have no sympathy.
Yup. Once I saw the video of her crawling through the barricaded door toward a man pointing a gun at her head, she'd made her choice. Turns out, it was a poor one.
Yes and I anticipate that Trumpers and QAnon supporters from all over will descend on San Diego, to give her a Vikings funeral. They'll treat her as a martyr to the cause.
It's already happening. If you want to throw up a little, check out the thread over at that AR board (I browse there to see what the other side is thinking).

I'd give her a pass on the first breach into the building. The second into a barricaded area deep within the building? Not so much.
Yup scary at ar15.com
Her blood is far more on the hands of men and women who enjoy the trappings of power but lack the courage to perform the most important functions given that power.

Whatever that means ?
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Reports that one of the other people that died was trampled to death in the Rotunda. They had gone to the protest carrying a Don't Tread On Me flag. Oh the irony.

https://www.rawstory.com/rosanne-boyland-capitol/
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

it's not like they didn't see this coming...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgdhp
In a speech ahead of the 2016 Republican presidential contest in which both men would compete, the former Texas governor framed Trump as an unchecked demagogue and chose a striking historical image to illustrate his point: A mob attack on Washington, D.C.

Perry described an 1854 assault on the nation’s capital in which members of the nativist Know-Nothing movement accosted a guard and destroyed slabs of marble that were meant to complete the Washington Monument. Their goal was to thwart an imagined conspiracy about the Pope taking over the government.

“These people built nothing, created nothing. They existed to cast blame and tear down certain institutions. To give outlet to anger,” Perry said. “Donald Trump is the modern-day incarnation of the Know-Nothing movement.”

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.