Arizona GOP Twitter account urges Republicans to 'give their lives' to keep Trump in office: 'Die for something'

In Arizona — one of the states that President-elect Joe Biden won — Republican Gov. Ducey is being slammed as a RINO by far-right Trump supporters for certifying the state's 2020 election results and acknowledging Biden, not President Donald Trump, as the winner. Some Arizona Republicans are continuing to claim, without evidence, that Trump was robbed of a victory in that state by widespread voter fraud. And one source of pro-Trump conspiracy theories in Arizona, BuzzFeed reporter Paul McLeod notes, is the Arizona GOP's Twitter account — where extremists are saying that they're willing to die for Trump if necessary.

McLeod notes that when Twitter user @ali posted, "I am willing to give my life for this fight," the Arizona GOP only encouraged such rhetoric — telling Arizona Republicans, "He is. Are you?"

The "fight" that @ali is referring to is Republican efforts to overturn the election results.

Another tweet sent from the Arizona GOP's Twitter account, @AZGOP, reads, "This is what we do, who we are. Live for nothing, or die for something."The willing-to-die-for-Trump rhetoric coming from the far right is by no means limited to the @AZGOP account on Twitter. A caller to Rush Limbaugh's show, distraught over the election results, recently told the far-right radio host he would gladly give his life for Trump.
https://www.alternet.org/2020/12/arizo ... 649417144/

Pledging their lives to the needs an update to the Nazi blood oath. I vow to you, Donald Trump , as leader of the Republican Party and President of the United States , loyalty and bravery. I vow to you and to the leaders that you set for me, absolute allegiance until death. So help me God”.

:sarcasm:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Arizona GOP Twitter account urges Republicans to 'give their lives' to keep Trump in office: 'Die for something'

Yup. Any serious political party that seeks to have continued influence on the national stage should have their feet held to the fire for their words and actions. The Republicans have played it loose for too long. They think they can incite violence without being held to account and going to jail or paying fines. It is only when children are accountable for their words and actions that they learn self-restraint.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi