Re: GA run off Senate Races. All the Dirt.

K9s wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:51 pm
TrueTexan wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:32 am
that is a smooth Move Donnie Dumbass, just another great way to keep the Trumpers at home and not voting. Then when they both lose to the Dems he and his Trumper followers will scream rigged election.
That isn't what's happening on the ground. GOP voters are climbing out of every hill and holler to vote. Anti-GOP voters are voting in big numbers, too.

The only real hope is that enough Trump voters will stay home because Trump isn't on the ballot and they really don't like Perdue and Loeffler. Many new voters voted against Trump or for Trump and may not vote again until 2024, if ever.

The true believer "rigged election" crowd is small and screaming "rigged election" is just a way to own the libs here. It is the new "f*k your feelings" mantra. If you've ever met the worst sort of sports fan ever who claims their team should have won (the refs are bribed, the refs are blind, they cheated), this is the GOP. GOP politics is just a team sport now.
That’s how we can settle the runoff have tag team MMA in the cage, last two standing gets the seats.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:10 pm
K9s wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:51 pm
TrueTexan wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:32 am
that is a smooth Move Donnie Dumbass, just another great way to keep the Trumpers at home and not voting. Then when they both lose to the Dems he and his Trumper followers will scream rigged election.
That isn't what's happening on the ground. GOP voters are climbing out of every hill and holler to vote. Anti-GOP voters are voting in big numbers, too.

The only real hope is that enough Trump voters will stay home because Trump isn't on the ballot and they really don't like Perdue and Loeffler. Many new voters voted against Trump or for Trump and may not vote again until 2024, if ever.

The true believer "rigged election" crowd is small and screaming "rigged election" is just a way to own the libs here. It is the new "f*k your feelings" mantra. If you've ever met the worst sort of sports fan ever who claims their team should have won (the refs are bribed, the refs are blind, they cheated), this is the GOP. GOP politics is just a team sport now.
That’s how we can settle the runoff have tag team MMA in the cage, last two standing gets the seats.
That would be a pretty easy Dem win. Have you seen those guys? :lol:
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Georgia polling places face threats on election day

https://www.ajc.com/politics/election/g ... GIURWNEFE/
The Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office said Sunday that it learned of a threatening email that went to several county employees “regarding threats to polling locations on election day.” Employees at several other counties received the same email.
Trump files another lawsuit seeking to overturn Georgia election. Hearing set for tomorrow.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/election/t ... EBU2VE44E/
In a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Atlanta on New Year’s Eve, the president asks the court to decertify the Georgia election before Congress votes Wednesday to confirm Biden’s victory. A hearing is set for Tuesday.
Kelly Loeffler will challenge electoral college results for Trump

https://www.ajc.com/politics/politics-b ... ZAR7EGVVE/
U.S. Sen. Kelly Loeffler said Monday that she will join the effort to formally challenge President-elect Joe Biden’s victory when Congress convenes later this week, a move she avoided for weeks but announced shortly before President Donald Trump’s visit to North Georgia in a push to drive up rural white support ahead of Tuesday’s high-stakes runoff.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:24 pm Georgia polling places face threats on election day

https://www.ajc.com/politics/election/g ... GIURWNEFE/
The Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office said Sunday that it learned of a threatening email that went to several county employees “regarding threats to polling locations on election day.” Employees at several other counties received the same email.
Trump files another lawsuit seeking to overturn Georgia election. Hearing set for tomorrow.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/election/t ... EBU2VE44E/
In a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Atlanta on New Year’s Eve, the president asks the court to decertify the Georgia election before Congress votes Wednesday to confirm Biden’s victory. A hearing is set for Tuesday.
Kelly Loeffler will challenge electoral college results for Trump

https://www.ajc.com/politics/politics-b ... ZAR7EGVVE/
U.S. Sen. Kelly Loeffler said Monday that she will join the effort to formally challenge President-elect Joe Biden’s victory when Congress convenes later this week, a move she avoided for weeks but announced shortly before President Donald Trump’s visit to North Georgia in a push to drive up rural white support ahead of Tuesday’s high-stakes runoff.
Oh what a wonderful state we live in.

Since I have travelled so much for work I decided to vote on the day for once. I receive on an average of 8 phone calls and 10 pieces of mail per day exhorting me to vote. Pretty much split down the middle between the good guys and the pond scum.

Tomorrow at 7 am I will stop at my local polling place. (Elementary School) and cast my vote. If anyone interferes with my voting I am sure I will pop my cork.

I seriously doubt there will be any issue and I will vote without issue. I can then thank the poll volunteers for their service to the community.

Hopefully the Ossoff and Warnock will carry the day.
Fortuna Peratus Renumerat

Liberal Condescension or Conservative Paranoia; A hell of a way to run a democracy.

Rickoshay wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:27 pm

Since I have travelled so much for work I decided to vote on the day for once. I receive on an average of 8 phone calls and 10 pieces of mail per day exhorting me to vote. Pretty much split down the middle between the good guys and the pond scum.

Tomorrow at 7 am I will stop at my local polling place. (Elementary School) and cast my vote. If anyone interferes with my voting I am sure I will pop my cork.

I seriously doubt there will be any issue and I will vote without issue. I can then thank the poll volunteers for their service to the community.

I voted early on a nice sunny day. I am in a blue county, so our lines are outside in parking lots and very long (that's not voter suppression?). I didn't want to risk an ice storm or heavy rain on election day. Looks like it will be a nice day.

Let us know what lines are like in Cherokee. In the general election lines, there were a ton of Trump voters in line at my polling place and they yakked about it the whole time in line. This time, not one obvious Trumper and the lines were still long. I really have no idea what is going to happen. If one side blows out the other or even if it is decided by one vote, nothing would be a surprise.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote:
Rickoshay wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:27 pm

I voted early on a nice sunny day. I am in a blue county, so our lines are outside in parking lots and very long (that's not voter suppression?). I didn't want to risk an ice storm or heavy rain on election day. Looks like it will be a nice day.

Let us know what lines are like in Cherokee. In the general election lines, there were a ton of Trump voters in line at my polling place and they yakked about it the whole time in line. This time, not one obvious Trumper and the lines were still long. I really have no idea what is going to happen. If one side blows out the other or even if it is decided by one vote, nothing would be a surprise.

In and out in 5 minutes. No fuss no muss. The early voting was always wrapped around the building.

Now the phone can stop ringing every 2 minutes.

Go Democracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liberal Condescension or Conservative Paranoia; A hell of a way to run a democracy.

Watching some live TV of GA polls - in lines most have mask, not all. There were more with mask than not. Is that a good sign? Are mask required at polls? Asking for a friend.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote:Watching some live TV of GA polls - in lines most have mask, not all. There were more with mask than not. Is that a good sign? Are mask required at polls? Asking for a friend.
Masks are required at the poll locations. (Public Buildings) most of the workers had a face shield. I had to pull mask away from face for ID verification.

Rickoshay wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:14 am

In and out in 5 minutes. No fuss no muss. The early voting was always wrapped around the building.

Now the phone can stop ringing every 2 minutes.

Go Democracy.

Canton /Cherokee is heavily Republican, so you have short lines and the English-only voting stickers. :laugh:

Here's my blue county sticker...

- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Attachments
voted.jpg

So far in every county that's reporting, Ossoff and Warnock are significantly outperforming Biden's performance in county after county. Apparently Republican turnout in Red counties is down, and as they come in, so far, Perdue and Loeffler have smaller margins than Trump and they had in November.
Statewide with about half the vote in W & O are each leading by 6 points.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Warnock-Loeffler race has been called by national and local/state media for Warnock. That race was our best shot to win.

Ossoff is ahead of Perdue and will probably win. Very likely flips the Senate.

Bubba McDonald (R) leads in the Public Service Commissioner runoff race, unfortunately. We could lose that. That is a shame.

Let's see how it looks tomorrow. I have a feeling we will have all the results by tomorrow night (after the Sedition Caucus objects to the electoral college count).

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Well done, Georgia. Looks like you came through :thumbup:

So what do we think this means, because this is a 2A forum after all, moving forward for the 2nd? It’s my understanding that even with Harris serving as the tiebreaker, any new federal regulations are far from guaranteed considering that there’s a few democrats who aren’t guaranteed to go along with anything crazy and some who oppose ending the filibuster. I’m happy for what this means for the country but also, admittedly selfishly, concerned about what the odds of anything awful coming down the pipe gun control-wise now are.

Again, I’ll just say what so many have before. I wish the dems would just shut the hell up about gun control and let it go. Also, fuck Mike Bloomberg.

Congratulations, and thank you!!

This means nothing on 2A stuff. 50/50 means that Joe Manchin controls the agenda. And that's before you get into the independent gun-right supporters like King and Sanders. Or the very, very slim majority in the House. I don't think legislation is going anywhere without Republican support until 2022. We have time to work on changing the dialog.