Re: Donald Trump being sent to Walter Reed Hospital for COVID-19 treatment

The establishment doesn’t care a whit about this two-bit con-artist. He’s going to jail for tax fraud, doesn’t have enough Epstein-esque dirt on enough oligarchs to warrant saving (or eliminating). They’ll let SDNY have their way with him once the reigns of power slips away from his hands.

This is precisely why he seems so desperate to steal the election. Don’t be too surprised if America gets to see our own Führerbunker Moment post-November as 45’s plans for domination evaporates under growing pressure to resign and/or respect the Constitution.

One only hopes the carpet in the Oval Office is liberally coated with Scotchguard.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

sikacz wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:27 pm
highdesert wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:20 pm
lurker wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:52 pm so, what, 3 months before he can get it again? just hoping for something to look forward to in january as he's wrecking the country.
If he loses he's still president for 78 days after the election, so he get's the same medical care. That is thanks to our creaky old constitution he can continue to screw things up. I know, it's depressing.
His medical and other services are for his life...and some extend to his family members.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Former_Presidents_Act

I’m for dismantling the whole system.
Former presidents are entitled to medical treatment in military hospitals; they pay for this at interagency rates set by the Office of Management and Budget. Two-term presidents may buy health insurance under the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program; a GSA legal opinion ruled Jimmy Carter ineligible.

If Trump loses he'll be a one term president, ineligible for buying the medical insurance. He'll probably try stiffing the military hospitals like he does creditors, they better have good bill collectors.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:20 pm
lurker wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:52 pm so, what, 3 months before he can get it again? just hoping for something to look forward to in january as he's wrecking the country.
If he loses he's still president for 78 days after the election, so he get's the same medical care. That is thanks to our creaky old constitution he can continue to screw things up. I know, it's depressing.
His medical and other services are for his life...and some extend to his family members.

Former presidents are entitled to medical treatment in military hospitals; they pay for this at interagency rates set by the Office of Management and Budget. Two-term presidents may buy health insurance under the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program; a GSA legal opinion ruled Jimmy Carter ineligible.

If Trump loses he'll be a one term president, ineligible for buying the medical insurance. He'll probably try stiffing the military hospitals like he does creditors, they better have good bill collectors.
I didn’t see any one term limit in the act. Now if he was removed from office that would work. Which means it would be better to concentrate on the senate and keeping the house. Then remove trump from office and I’m sure a suitable excuse to get rid of the vp could be arranged. I could live with a one term president pelosi.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:28 pm

I didn’t see any one term limit in the act. Now if he was removed from office that would work. Which means it would be better to concentrate on the senate and keeping the house. Then remove trump from office and I’m sure a suitable excuse to get rid of the vp could be arranged. I could live with a one term president pelosi.
From the wiki synopsis in your link above.

All former presidents can get medical treatment in military hospitals, it's not free. Two term presidents can buy health insurance through FEHB - one term presidents can not. Jimmy Carter was a one term president.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:23 am
sikacz wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:28 pm

From the wiki synopsis in your link above.

All former presidents can get medical treatment in military hospitals, it's not free. Two term presidents can buy health insurance through FEHB - one term presidents can not. Jimmy Carter was a one term president.
Still the ass gets access and he gets a ton of benefits. They all should get none.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Two things. One, the Herman Cain timeline.
A humbling Herman Cain/coronavirus timeline:

6/24: Attends Trump rally, maskless
7/2: Tests positive for Covid-19
7/10: Says he’s improving
7/15: Says his doctors seem happy
7/27: Says he’s really getting better
7/30: Dies"
- https://twitter.com/budgie/status/1313203764535402505

Sadly Herman Cain did not get VIP Treatment.
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions ... -covid-19/

And two. (ya gotta click it, is gif)

puff2.gif

The shopkeeper asked Gautama what he could do. "I can wait, and I can fast, " replied Gautama.

It's different now. Well, I'm going to wait, but I'm also going to drink. So writeth the Beerdha.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Yup. As a meditation practitioner my cat has also advised us, “Wait and See.”

This of course applies to the whole slew of individuals and Senators who have also tested positive and have gone into quarantine. My heart goes out to the WH housekeepers.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Trump says getting COVID-19 is ‘a blessing from God’

President Donald Trump released a statement on Twitter Wednesday ahead of the Vice Presidential Debate. According to the video, the president says that getting the coronavirus was “a blessing from God.”

For the over 211,000 Americans who have died from the coronavirus and their families, the death was far from a “blessing.”

Trump went on to say in the video that “you’re going to get better. You’re going to get better really fast.” It’s a fact that it not only inaccurate, but it flies in the face of the past eight months of experiences from the over 7.5 million Americans who contracted the virus.

For many, taste and smell still haven’t returned, even months after they stopped testing positive. There are so-called “long-haulers” who have been testing positive continuously and are still dealing with symptoms. He called the drug a miracle coronavirus “cure” and said every hospital in the nation will have it and he’ll make it available for free. It’s unclear how he intends to pay for that without another coronavirus stimulus funding bill, however.

Trump praised one of the drugs he’s on that is a high-powered steroid that makes the user feel like Superman. It’s unclear if he’s still taking it as his doctors are refusing to reveal specifics about the president’s care.

Former Vice President Joe Biden was asked about the statement Wednesday evening and called it sad.

“I think it’s a tragedy the president deals with COVID like it is something not to be worried about when already 210,000 people have died. I think it’s a tragedy,” said Biden.
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/trump ... -from-god/

Just like the Orange Turd he missed his chance to go home to his god.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

rolandson wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:32 pm So...
He really contracted covid... ?
the chances of surviving a confirmed case are somewhere in the neighborhood of 98%. those are good odds for any specific individual. while i had hopes that he and his "friends" would fall into the 2%, i had no confidence. but then he could still fail. patience. prison awaits him, and after that, if you believe, hell.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:42 pm
the chances of surviving a confirmed case are somewhere in the neighborhood of 98%. those are good odds for any specific individual. while i had hopes that he and his "friends" would fall into the 2%, i had no confidence. but then he could still fail. patience. prison awaits him, and after that, if you believe, hell.
Yeah, I get the etiology and its thus far unpredictable epidemiology.

But we're accepting his claim as valid?

And those of all the others within his small circle of sycophants, brown nosers, yes 'people', and assorted bimboys and girls who are making similar claims?
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

Jesus says this about God the Father:
“He makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends Covid on the just and on the unjust.”

No man is more or less deserving during a plague. And Trump, being fat and orange, is still a man nonetheless.

He claims he was blessed by God with this disease? Sure, why not. One hopes that (were he to survive the next 2 weeks) when he discovers Covid so wrecks his body that the little blue pill cannot raise the dead, Trump can find in the words of God a balm in the lonely days ahead.

Amern.

featureless wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:26 pm I think he still has it.

While his doc at Walter Reed might have been happy to lie to us, I'll bet the 10 behind him wouldn't have kept quiet if he was negative. That's a lot of apolitical reputations on the line.
Reminds me of that scene in Erin Brockovich where office help was told to sit and look like lawyers to create an impression.

Point is, we haven't any idea who any of these players are. All we have is the word of a group of people to whom truth is a moveable object viewed as an inconvenience to be avoided whenever possible. At this stage, they don't give a shit about getting caught in a lie. Neither do his supporters.

I happen to think he's using this claim to bolster his early statements, (just like the flu), discredit those urging caution, create the impression of vitality, take credit for managing development of successful treatments, and for the really twisted set...appear anointed...

He's always been an opportunistic snake. Pretending to have contracted covid is right out of his playbook.

I'd like to be wrong...about his pretence...I'd like for him to go face down in his corn flakes, never to be heard from again.

And I don't believe anything coming out of his mouth.
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

Regeneron cured him, so coincidentally Regeneron asks for emergency approval by the FDA.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/07/heal ... neron.html

Aaannnnd coincidentally he also has ties to that company.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/05/investin ... index.html

Is that not adorable?

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

rolandson wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:00 am And I don't believe anything coming out of his mouth.
Absolutely. And yes, it could all be staged. I just choose to believe that a virus is going to do what a virus is going to do.
CDFingers wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:23 am Aaannnnd coincidentally he also has ties to that company.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/05/investin ... index.html

Is that not adorable?

CDFingers
Is anyone surprised? :sick: