Re: This Is a Historic Crisis. Where Is America's Democratic Leadership?

In the battle between the neoliberals and the progressives, the neolibs will win because they have the money. But the progressives might have the votes. The downside is that the neolibs have more media under their influence. Getting out the vote will determine whether progressivism grabs more seats and power.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

The election is in only 8 months and there is a very high probability of a fall wave of Covid-19.

Now is the time the US needs to start redesigning the voting process for the election. We have to plan for either an extended voting period or mail in or online and it will take a herculean effort to get something in place even if only the legal framework in that time period.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

An interesting fly in the ointment is that the Repubs know that increased voter turn out will vote them out. So they want to let the Post Office go bankrupt so it's really hard to vote.

This article is two years old, so we can see now how successful the orange spirochete has been.
"I think the goal is clear. The task force is being prodded to open up the mailbox to any company, and degrade the centuries-old tradition that the post office deliver anywhere in the nation, through snow or rain or heat or gloom of night. After eliminating these public benefits, the task force might seek to bar the post office from competing in markets where the private sector operates, or to privatize the agency altogether, selling its infrastructure off for parts.

These have long been hard-right fantasies, which, if made real, would be a direct money funnel to UPS and FedEx’s corporate treasuries, to say nothing of Amazon, whose cash reserves could easily buy Postal Service infrastructure."
https://prospect.org/power/trump-moves-gut-post-office/

Recent:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... spartandhp

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Yellowhammer wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:17 pm I'll take a scientist over a democrat and twice on Sunday. :lol: :lol: :lol: Take a look at this great Alabama product. He wants his job back! That's leadership.

http://mountaineagle.com/stories/whistl ... -fix,25195
I doubt he'll get his old job back. The trump propaganda machine needs compliant, subservient, and obsequious subordinates for the propaganda and terror machine to be effective.

There are republican scientists but they gave up their scruples a long, long time ago. So who are the scientists that are left? Apolitical scientists? Do apolitical scientists exist? I'm not so sure. I'd rather have a scrupulous scientist.

The Neoliberals and the Reptilians don’t want a large voter turnout in November. They want to maintain the status quo. Pelosi is tied to the Neoliberal Corporate Sid of the Dems and wants nothing to do with the progressives that would upset her rule of the House. It is all about power and the those in power are afraid, very afraid, of losing that power on both the Dems and Reptilians sides of the coin. Which in this case is the same side.

To see real change, what we need to see is an election that will be like the one in 1932 that brought FDR and his supporters to power.

As for the Post Office becoming a private company. It would just be a start in the privatization of many parts of our government. Can we see Smith Kline Beecham running the drug part of the FDA. Food safety by ConAgra along with the Dept of Agriculture culture. VA privatized and run by United HealthCare. National Forrest Service run by Georgia Pacific and the list goes on. The Reptillians wettest dream of all.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:43 pm The Neoliberals and the Reptilians don’t want a large voter turnout in November. They want to maintain the status quo. Pelosi is tied to the Neoliberal Corporate Sid of the Dems and wants nothing to do with the progressives that would upset her rule of the House. It is all about power and the those in power are afraid, very afraid, of losing that power on both the Dems and Reptilians sides of the coin. Which in this case is the same side.

To see real change, what we need to see is an election that will be like the one in 1932 that brought FDR and his supporters to power.

As for the Post Office becoming a private company. It would just be a start in the privatization of many parts of our government. Can we see Smith Kline Beecham running the drug part of the FDA. Food safety by ConAgra along with the Dept of Agriculture culture. VA privatized and run by United HealthCare. National Forrest Service run by Georgia Pacific and the list goes on. The Reptillians wettest dream of all.
We saw how well letting Boeing vet it's own designs and manufacturing worked.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

I see even on mainstream news sites there are questions being asked about how Biden is ignoring the left while courting republicans.

In nautical terms he's the captain of a ship. He needs a good crew and a set of good navigational charts, not Hillarys old charts from 2016.

He's sailing headlong into the same reef system that she crashed into. Of course maybe having an enormous death count and the economy totally

collapse will get them a very slim majority and a win next Nov, then we can look forward to 4 years of nothing getting done and a gop victory in 24.

The Reptilians are already talking about the Federal Debt and if Biden is elected and the Dems take the Congress the Reptilians are going to do nothing but be an obstruction to the Dems. They will be constantly demanding cuts to the budget and spending for programs they don’t like due to the debt.

Same old song and dance since the days of Reagan.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

senorgrand wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:03 pm Biden is going to have to put someone on the ticket who can actively rally the base or it's all over. If he was smart, he'd start doing shadow briefings after the President.
Kind of like one of those SNL sketches where someone translates the bullshit the politician is spewing?
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

He could pull this off if he is willing to reach out for advice with the right people. He needs to openly speak with the likes of Bernie, AOC and Nina Turner. He has to openly shun Hillary no matter how much money she is willing to funnel to him. The one campaign promise a candidate can't renege on is the running mate. And with him it is critical because everybody realizes that the VP will be running the show. The same as with Reagan and shrub.