Re: Trump in 2020

DougB1946 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:13 pm
lurker wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:45 pm a tiny bit strongly worded, but yes, many of these people are our neighbors. never forget. forgiveness is their jesus' job.
Forgiveness is only required when they 1) admit their error, 2) ask for forgiveness, and 3)complete an act of contrition. Haven't seen much of that yet. Just more covid bodies stacking up.
To earn forgiveness?
Only if one is Catholic.

In civilized Japan, they being self anointed high born...they might be given the opportunity to disembowel themselves...ms. feckless would be permitted to skewer her throat as was the custom of Samurai women...

Of course they'd have benefit of a second...someone to take their head as the final cut was completed. But, I'm not certain they have any friends skilled enough with a sword to not make a hash of it. But insofar as we're talking donald...who gives a shit?

Or they might be crucified if they had pissed off a higher high born.
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

Trump's legal team just cut ties with Sidney Powell, she's been peddling the theory of nationwide voter fraud. Guess Trump doesn't want competition peddling conspiracy lies. Title of this Newsmax video made last week - "Sidney Powell / Lin Wood: Trump Won By A Landslide - 80 Million Votes"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3rcVXVwqdw

Sydney Powell is Gen Michael Flynn's lawyer and L Lin Wood is Kyle Rittenhouse's lawyer.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Always good to hear Shields and Brooks. There are times like this when they are both on the same track. Brooks may be a conservative but he's not a Trumper. Liked his comment that Biden has had to do outside fundraising to keep his transition team going because GSA won't release funds, that it's like a third world country.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Brooks like Republicans like George Bush and his team of neoliberals (were they really called that????), including Darth, Rummy, Connie, & Scooter.
Crooked as they all are, nobody would ever call them ignorant or stupid.

Unlike the blatantly incompetents now. Besides, Brooks is extremely sensitive to anti-Semites and knows Trump not only is one, but has energized them.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:00 am Brooks like Republicans like George Bush and his team of neoliberals (were they really called that????), including Darth, Rummy, Connie, & Scooter.
Crooked as they all are, nobody would ever call them ignorant or stupid.

Unlike the blatantly incompetents now. Besides, Brooks is extremely sensitive to anti-Semites and knows Trump not only is one, but has energized them.
Most of what Brooks has said over the years I've disagreed with, but on occasion he can cut to the heart of an issue. He knows plenty of Republicans and can say what many of them would never utter in public. I'm curious to see where many of these "never Trumpers" go in the 2022 and 2024 elections which will depend if Trump is anywhere on the horizon.

Two comedians have purchased and set up a website for DonaldJTrump2024.com. The site largely mocks President Donald Trump for losing the 2020 presidential election and refusing to concede. The website looks almost identical to Trump's actual website, DonaldJTrump.com, even using the same main image and font. However, the comedians' website calls Trump a "loser" six times and has a fictional quote from Trump stating, "I lost the 2020 election." None of the website's buttons are linked to any other webpages, essentially making the site just a standalone page.

The comedians, Jason Selvig and Davram Stiefler who go by The Good Liars, established the website, and wrote to Trump in a November 24 tweet, "Hey @realDonaldTrump we'll give you DonaldJTrump2024.com if you tweet 'My name is Donald Trump and I lost the 2020 election by A LOT. I am a loser. SAD!". The website also has a banner proclaiming, "Click here to donate to a PAC that has nothing to do with my legal defense team."

The banner references Trump's repeated requests to supporters asking them to donate to his "Official Election Defense Fund" for mounting legal challenges seeking to overturn the vote in several key swing states. Legal language in Trump's solicitations specify that any donations to his legal fund that are under $8,000 benefit the Republican National Committee or "Save America," a Trump leadership PAC (political action committee), according to Reuters.

Trump's re-election campaign has filed nearly three dozen lawsuits in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan and other states alleging widespread voter fraud in an attempt to toss out thousands of President-elect Joe Biden's votes. At least 30 of these lawsuits have failed, been dismissed or withdrawn by the campaign, according to The New York Times. Nevertheless, Trump has repeatedly stated that he won the election. On Thursday morning, he tweeted, "Just saw the vote tabulations. There is NO WAY Biden got 80,000,000 votes!!! This was a 100% RIGGED ELECTION."

One of The Good Liars' previous pranks targeted the November 2019 book published by the president's son, Donald Trump Jr.. The book is titled Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us, but the pranksters printed out an alternate book cover entitled, Daddy, Please Love Me.

After placing the new cover on numerous copies of Trump Jr.'s book at a Barnes and Nobles bookstore, the comedians then claimed to have relocated the book to the Young Adult section, the area of the bookstore intended for adolescent readers ages 12 to 18. Donald Trump Jr. is 42 years old.
https://www.newsweek.com/comedians-buy- ... er-1550648

President Donald Trump’s demonization of mail-in voting may have cost him votes in the recent election. Now, his demonization of Georgia’s entire electoral system is hurting his party’s chances at keeping the Senate. Driven by Trump’s insistence that Georgia’s elections are indelibly rife with fraud, conspiratorial MAGA figures are calling for a boycott of the two Senate runoff races, slated for Jan. 5, that will determine which party controls the upper chamber. Their reason: The two GOP candidates, Sens. Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue, are not only insufficiently pro-Trump, they may be complicit in Georgia’s electoral fraud.

It doesn’t matter that both candidates are essentially lock-step with Trump, or that there is no evidence of links to electoral malfeasance. On Twitter and its less-restrictive alternative Parler, Trump’s more hardline followers have linked the duo to the president’s favorite — and untrue — voter-fraud theories. Hashtags like #CrookedPerdue and #CrookedKelly are flying around. The two lawmakers’ Parler accounts are brimming with posts accusing them of being secret “liberal DemoRats.”

The swelling anger is not just emanating from everyday QAnon believers in the MAGAverse. It’s also coming from prominent lawyers working on Trump’s behalf, including Sidney Powell, who was briefly a lead attorney in Trump’s push to overturn the election. The growing chorus has caught the attention of some of Trump’s top surrogates, who have scrambled to push back against the movement. “I’m seeing a lot of talk from people that are supposed to be on our side telling GOP voters not to go out & vote for @KLoeffler and @Perduesenate. That is NONSENSE. IGNORE those people,” implored Donald Trump Jr., the president’s son and typically a MAGA world leader, in a Monday tweet. The top comments below the tweet disregarded the plea: “We’re telling everyone to write in Donald J Trump!” one read.
And while it’s hard to tell exactly how much of the online chatter reflects wider voter sentiment, some Republicans are worried the conspiracy talk could shave off just enough MAGA voters to hand a tight race to the Democrats.

“Whenever you have a close election, any distraction can be decisive, and by all accounts, the runoffs in Georgia are going to be close, just like they were in November,” said Alex Conant, a political strategist and the former communications director for Sen. Marco Rubio’s presidential campaign in 2016. “I think Republicans need to focus the runoffs squarely on stopping Joe Biden's agenda. If it's about Trump and conspiracy theories, that only divides our party and emboldens Democrats.”
And Powell isn’t the only Trump-affiliated attorney demeaning Loeffler and Purdue to the MAGA crowd.

Lin Wood, a prominent Georgia attorney who filed his own suit to overturn the state’s results, has repeatedly called for Loeffler to drop out of the race, pressed Perdue to show more Trump loyalty and for them both to begin “investigations” into the election. “Threaten to withhold your votes & money,” he directed his followers on Twitter.

Wood seems to hold a special ire for Loeffler, tweeting about unrealistic scenarios in which she could be replaced by Collins and threatening to turn his “patriots” against her.
“Some leaders in GA & National GOP complain I am hurting chances of @KLoeffler &@sendavidperdue to win runoff & save Senate control,” Wood tweeted on Wednesday to his 613,000 followers. “They are ones hurting those chances by failing to publicly demand investigation of fraud & special session of legislature. Look in mirror.”
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/2 ... ate-440776

For a US president obsessed by size – his hands, his wealth, his crowds – Donald Trump made something of a bold U-turn on Thursday night by addressing the country from a desk seemingly designed for a leprechaun.

Trump said on Thursday he would leave the White House if the electoral college votes for the Democratic president-elect, Joe Biden – the closest he has come to admitting defeat – but his furniture stole the limelight.

While he harangued reporters and repeated unfounded allegations of electoral fraud, the internet zeroed in on his unusually small desk. Some called it symbolic of Trump’s diminished stature, some wondered if it was photoshopped (it wasn’t), most just laughed.
The hashtag #DiaperDon swiftly trended on Twitter, with people mocking the president as an infant banished to the children’s table for Thanksgiving.
“Thought this pic was photoshopped, but nope, just hilariously symbolic! Mini desk. Tiny hands. Infinitesimally small soul,” tweeted Adam Lasnik.
May this be how we remember the Trump presidency: a baby at his tiny little desk throwing a tantrum
Trump later sent a blizzard of tweets accusing the media of misreporting his comments and Twitter of making up “negative stuff” for its trending section.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -furniture

YankeeTarheel wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:43 am In more civilized times, that would be called a writing desk or table...
Long long ago I took a class tour of the White House; sometime in the early to mid 1950s. I guess I was probably 12 or 13 because we were studying US Government. As part of the tour there was one room that was kinda a 5/9th scale copy of the Oval Office where kids could get a picture signing a bill and even got to take the picture home.

I wonder if they finally gave him the tour and he will get a picture to take home with him.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

wooglin wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:21 am So, he’s already moved the Resolute desk to Mar a lago I guess.
January 21, 2021 send in the Marines - a beach landing would be dramatic at Mar a Lago and Donnie loves drama. Claim the Resolute Desk and other government property and arrest the former Thief in Chief.

CDFingers wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:35 pm We need a Blazing Saddles style of movie for this bunch. Ermegherd, there are so many possible jokes.

CDFingers
Do we have another genius out there like Mel Brooks who could pull it off? And the cast especially the brilliant Madeline Kahn as Lili Von Shtupp, they're all dead. It's still fresh even though it came out in 1974. Followed by Young Frankenstein.

Yes, so many double entendres and definitely not PC for modern audiences.

In the twilight of his presidency, Donald Trump is discussing different ways to disrupt the impending Joe Biden era, chief among them by announcing another run against him.

According to three people familiar with the conversations, the president, who refuses to acknowledge he lost the 2020 election as he clearly did, has not just talked to close advisers and confidants about a potential 2024 run to reclaim the White House but about the specifics of a campaign launch. The conversations have explored, among other things, how Trump could best time his announcement so as to keep the Republican Party behind him for the next four years. Two of these knowledgeable sources said the president has, in the past two weeks, even floated the idea of doing a 2024-related event during Biden’s inauguration week, possibly on Inauguration Day, if his legal effort to steal the 2020 election ultimately fails.

The president and some of his closest associates have already started surveying prominent donors to get a sense of who would be with him, or perhaps against him, if he chose to run in the 2024 election. Some top Trump allies have told The Daily Beast that they are doing what they can to stay in the president’s good graces, calculating that doing so will help ensure a seat at the table and a future in the party—in the event he runs again. Trump’s scheming about a future White House run is both an implicit recognition that he views his own current legal efforts as longshots and a reflection of his inherent desire to maintain political power and public attention.
“It's going to be a very hard thing to concede because we know there was massive fraud,” Trump told a reporter at the White House on Thursday. Trump’s refusal to concede has been supplemented by an attempt to make it harder for Biden to reverse his policy achievements. Indeed, even before Election Day 2020, various Trump officials working in the administration were charting paths forward to make it harder for Biden to reenter the Iran nuclear agreement.
On Thursday, Bloomberg reported that during an Oval Office meeting earlier this month between Trump, National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien, Vice President Mike Pence, and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, the president said he planned on running in 2024, if the 2020 election results were not nullified by Trump’s attorneys.

“If you do that—and I think I speak for everybody in the room—we’re with you 100 percent,” O’Brien told the president, according to the Bloomberg report.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-al ... ref=scroll