Re: Michael Bloomberg 2020

Politicians never have a good excuse for that when it is brought up. It's as if they don't have a good answer....
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

shinzen wrote:Screw him and that bullshit made up stat. He included 18 and 19 year olds to supercharge it, and as usual, included suicides in the number which is 40% of the deaths. I cannot stand Bloomberg.
I wonder how many lives have been lost due to the disingenuous nonsense spewed by the prohibitionist movement. Effective solutions will never be discussed if one side incessantly injects itself as a stakeholder with the narcissistic intent of driving a wedge issue and perpetuating a culture war through hyperbole and lies.

When do we start holding them responsible for constantly derailing real solutions in their zeal to blame inanimate objects, foment bigotry and steer the discussion away from the causes of violence to "guns are bad, and the people who own them are (uneducated, fat, poor, callous, insert whatever epithet here).....

Mike needs to face it, the guns aren't going away, the little people will always have them, and people will continue to die in violent acts, continue to die as a result of self inflicted wounds, until you and similar shut up and let the adults in the room find solutions. It is past time we hold them responsible and make it clear-he and his are the problem and the obstacle to solutions.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TrueTexan wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:49 am
NegativeApproach wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:29 am Bloomberg should get rid of his armed guards. Since guns are evil, and all.
Evil for Thee, But not for Me. That is normally the GOP response to most things.
Bloomberg was a republican. Trump was a democrat.

Both are simply silver spoon opportunists.

Ok, that is pretty damned funny. Fuck Bloomie, but one of his staffers did pull of a good ad that time.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Purported Bloomberg Audio Emerges of His Stop and Frisk Defense
An unverified recording of Michael Bloomberg discussing his stop-and-frisk policy as New York City mayor surfaced online, saying the best way to reduce gun violence among minorities was to “throw them up against the wall and frisk them.”

President Donald Trump retweeted the video posted by Benjamin Dixon, who is editor in chief of a publication called Progressive Army. In Trump’s tweet, the president called Bloomberg “a total racist,” and then deleted the tweet.

Dixon said the audiotape was a recording of a speech Bloomberg gave at the Aspen Institute in 2015. A report in the Aspen Times that year said Bloomberg’s staff asked the non-profit think tank to withhold distribution of the speech.
This was discussed here in 2015.

I don't like fascists, not even ones with a "D" in front of their name. The statistics are largely accurate. His "solution" is unconscionable.

We will never solve violence in this country by always scapegoating the gun and the Democratic party is culpable in this misadventure. The violence problems in Bloomberg's demographic are socioeconomic and social justice issues. We can solve it, but we must be willing to look toward other solutions that lift people up rather than stuffing them in a hole. Fuck Bloomberg.

featureless wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:49 am I don't like fascists, not even ones with a "D" in front of their name. The statistics are largely accurate. His "solution" is unconscionable.

We will never solve violence in this country by always scapegoating the gun and the Democratic party is culpable in this misadventure. The violence problems in Bloomberg's demographic are socioeconomic and social justice issues. We can solve it, but we must be willing to look toward other solutions that lift people up rather than stuffing them in a hole. Fuck Bloomberg.
Five million stopped and frisked. Almost all were brown and black.

Only a tiny percentage of those stopped and frisked were charged with anything. Even fewer had a "weapon" and I haven't seen anything that says they had guns.

This was they type of harassment and intimidation that many will claim only happens in the south. Americans need to look in the mirror and admit the problem.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

DispositionMatrix wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:14 am Purported Bloomberg Audio Emerges of His Stop and Frisk Defense
An unverified recording of Michael Bloomberg discussing his stop-and-frisk policy as New York City mayor surfaced online, saying the best way to reduce gun violence among minorities was to “throw them up against the wall and frisk them.”

President Donald Trump retweeted the video posted by Benjamin Dixon, who is editor in chief of a publication called Progressive Army. In Trump’s tweet, the president called Bloomberg “a total racist,” and then deleted the tweet.

Dixon said the audiotape was a recording of a speech Bloomberg gave at the Aspen Institute in 2015. A report in the Aspen Times that year said Bloomberg’s staff asked the non-profit think tank to withhold distribution of the speech.
This was discussed here in 2015.
This is the real face of the civilian disarmament lobby's Dear Leader. A white supremacist billionaire certainly doesn't have the best interests of working class people in mind (especially non-white ones) on any issue, including that of firearm ownership. Bloomberg and Trump defend the same interests using different methods and different scapegoats. Sooner or later, life itself is going to teach people the urgency of breaking with the Democrats and forming some sort of labor party.
"I have been saying for some time now that America only has one party - the property party. It's the party of big corporations, the party of money. It has two right-wings; one is Democrat and the other is Republican."
-Gore Vidal

please please please make sure no one forgets that bloomberg's biggest "contribution" to society was trying to normalize unconstitutional searches and seizures.

I'll not be voting for Bloomberg in Texas primary March 3. However, should he eventually end up heading the Dem ticket, I will vote for him. There is nothing he has done in past that would supersede the need to defeat Trump. Let me repeat, NOTHING!!!
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Not to worry! The Great God Emperor Trump reassured us yesterday that we have nothing to fear from Bloomberg because he was badly beaten in the New Hampshire Primary! He tweeted
A very bad night for Mini Mike!
Well, part of that's true at least. Bloomberg did NOT win, place, or show in the NH Primary BECAUSE HE WASN'T ENTERED IN IT! HE WAS NOT ON THE BALLOT!

Our sadistic, moronic, vulgar, village idiot of a President.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Bloombergs legacy:
Stop and frisk (85% of those stopped were black or brown, 90% of those stopped were not found with anything), with over 4.5 million innocent New Yorkers subjected to his racist policing policy. 4.5 million.

Illegally suppressed protests, such as those protesting the Iraq war and OWS

Called for fingerprinting those who live in public housing

Decided that banning large sodas was a good use of taxpayer time and money

Wholeheartedly believes in the drug war, and the prison industrial complex

And oh yeah. The guns. This guy is fucking terrible. Another entitled billionaire who thinks he knows what's best for the county. Many will stay home, vote third party, or even vote for Trump before they vote for this out of touch asshole.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

I agree, Shinzen. I won't vote for someone with his record. We all believed Trump had authoritarian characteristics. Bloomberg has the record to support the belief. He also comes complete with his own expansive propaganda machine, both through his media empire and Everytown. The guy is fucking dangerous. I just hope the videos released yesterday are enough to detail his purchase of the primary.

I still think that he is looking to split the primary so the dnc can step in on the second ballot. That will be the end of Bernies run.

featureless wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:45 am I just hope the videos released yesterday are enough to derail his purchase of the primary.
We can only hope. And vote against the fucker in the primary. I may not (hell I do not) like a number of the candidates running, but he would seriously push me into actively supporting a third party here in CA. As in doing campaign work, donations, etc. And I haven't worked for any campaign since 2008.
- Maya Angelou

Michael Bloomberg makes his Georgia intentions clear
https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/with- ... oVXyFnFtO/
Two years ago, a Bloomberg organization spent more than $4.5 million to help McBath oust Republican incumbent Karen Handel. McBath, whose son was murdered by a gun-wielding assailant, had served as a spokeswoman for the group.

So her support for Bloomberg, who announced his candidacy late last year, has never been in doubt. “Mike gave grieving mothers like me a way to stand up and fight back. Nobody running for president has done more for the gun violence prevention movement than Mike,” McBath said in the press release.

It’s the timing that’s significant.

On Tuesday, an audio recording of a 2015 speech Bloomberg gave at the Aspen Institute, defending the stop-and-frisk policy he instituted while mayor of New York City, surfaced and began rocketing across the internet.

“Ninety-five percent of murders, murderers and murder victims fit one M.O. You can just take a description, Xerox it, and pass it out to all the cops,” Bloomberg said. “They are male, minorities, 16 to 25. That’s true in New York, that’s true in virtually every city…”

Bloomberg has since apologized for the policy, which resulted in millions of stops of African-American men by New York police.

McBath, an African-American mother, is the answer for those demanding more from Bloomberg.

But it is also true that McBath’s endorsement of Bloomberg comes only hours after former Vice President Joe Biden, heretofore the favorite of African-American voters, finished a disappointing fifth in Tuesday’s New Hampshire primary.

Biden didn’t wait for New Hampshire returns to roll in. He left Tuesday afternoon for South Carolina, a state rich in African-American voters. It’s his firewall.

Bloomberg has already spent hundreds of millions of dollars on TV ads, across the country and in Georgia, boosting his own candidacy and dumping on President Donald Trump. His focus is on March 3 SuperTuesday primaries and beyond. Georgia votes March 24.

Bloomberg has hired about 50 staffers and opened a half-dozen offices around the state. He’s courted Stacey Abrams and state party chair Nikema Williams.

If Biden can’t right himself, Bloomberg is positioning himself as the best choice for a calculating African-American base that wants to see Trump gone above all else.

In Georgia, Lucy McBath is a start.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

eelj wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:48 am I still think that he is looking to split the primary so the dnc can step in on the second ballot. That will be the end of Bernies run.
I agree. He is just trying to pull enough delegates to stop Sanders and Warren from taxing his wealth too much. He might possibly win a nomination, but I seriously doubt that is the goal. He hates Trump but fears Sanders & Warren.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

senorgrand wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:53 pm you cant buy friends, but you can buy endorsements...
I have a feeling Bloomberg dangled a lot of $$$ in front of Lucy to get that endorsement. She is in a tough position. Not my district, though.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

I cannot imagine Bloomberg will become the nominee, but I would vote for the lesser of two evils. Trump, Pence, Barr, and his cabinet are evil.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

bloomberg could conceivably give the election to bernie, since bernie is solidifying his coalition of progressives, while the moderates are seemingly more fractured with bloomberg in the picture

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

senorgrand wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:04 pm bloomberg could conceivably give the election to bernie, since bernie is solidifying his coalition of progressives, while the moderates are seemingly more fractured with bloomberg in the picture
Or he could use his delegates with Pete to block Bernie. It's all a crapshoot unless Super Tuesday goes a certain way. In the meantime, Bloomberg campaign is going after Trump.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt