Re: Kirsten Gillibrand 2020

K9s wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:04 pm Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand has ended her presidential campaign, narrowing the Democratic field to 20 candidates

The New York Democrat became the first senator to drop out of the presidential race, a decision she announced after failing to gain enough donors or the poll standing needed to win a place on the September debate stage.
Gillibrand didn't make the cut for the next debate, either did Bill de Blasio. One New Yorker left on the debate stage, Andrew Yang.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Like Trump in 2015, Yang makes a lot of promises and doesn't seem to understand the details. I am done with people like that for POTUS or even Senate.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

I won't miss Gillibrand. I never liked how she lead the fight to give Al Franken the Bum's Rush without due process for a Senate hearing.
If he was found to be in violation, discipline or resignation might have been warranted. But she was so obviously foaming at the mouth to "get" Al and a leg up in a PR move, clearly she was hoping it would launch her to a successful POTUS campaign, that she pissed too many people off by NOT giving him a fair hearing.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."