Shiny, smooth Cajunized CZ 75 B

I just received my polished stainless CZ 75 back from CGW. The results are sublime. I had previously installed their ultralight spring kit and extended firing pin to substantial positive effect. I was still less than delighted with the trigger - long reach and reset and a little gritty.

Since I was well on the way to their Pro Package, I had them finish the job. They replaced the trigger blade with their “old style” blade and the stock hammer with their stainless race hammer. They shortened the reach and the reset and polished the internals and installed new pins. The result is a very smooth 6.5 lb DA pull and a crisp 3.2 lb SA pull. Reset is about 2 mm.

Here’s a picture although there’s not much to see. It is pretty, no? I am very happy with the CGW work.

Re: Shiny, smooth Cajunized CZ 75 B

featureless wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:43 am
highdesert wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:39 am I'm still thinking about sending the P-01 in for one of their loving treatments.
Do it. Or do it yourself. I had CGW do my PCR. I did my SP-01 with their parts.

I'd send it in, I'm klutzy when it comes to mechanical things. I'm missing some gene or genes. :)
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Having ask my LCS to work on two of my CZ's now. I would definitely send it to Cajun Gun Works. My guys just can't seam to get the knack of reassembling the trigger springs. The first time they went through 6 springs (lost a few, broke a few).
By the way, that sure does polish up nicely.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

Ha ha... reminds me of a story, Señor.

Back in SE AZ, I receive Gunbroker and other firearm purchases from an FFL that runs his business out of his home. He is cheap. And a highly opinionated guy, a Korean War Vet who flies a US Marine flag off a honest to goodness flagpole planted in his front yard. He’s still a bear of a man, an All American, a private pilot who still flies with the Civil Air Patrol and RO’s at the local outdoor gun range. For whatever reason he took a liking to little Asian American me (who more than likely resembles the skinny Chinese soldiers he dispatched with his Ka-bar in the snow during night patrols). We would spend hours recounting those war stories and his days as an undercover police officer with the NYPD (me listening with perverse fascination to his flourishing details).

Anyway, one day my polished stainless CZ-75b came in the mail to my FFL and I promptly made the 30 min drive across the desert to meet him in his town of Sierra Vista (attached to the mysterious Ft Huachuca).

My FFL was unusually quiet as he entered the serial number of my new stainless pistol into his book. I fondled My Precious respectfully at his dining room table taking care of all the “Jeff Cooper safety rules” waiting for him to finish. I finally asked him what he thought of my new gun.

He picked it up as if looking at paperweight and put it back down saying, “It’s great, if you’re a Puerto Rican.”

Ya gotta luv that guy.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi