Re: I don't see a lot of love for Ruger's Redhawks or Super Redhawks....

I love the Super Redhawk have one in the 7.5 inch 44 mag for range and play and the Alaskan model 44 mag for carry. Replaced the trigger springs in both with lighter Wolf springs they shoot like a dream. I will grant you the 7.5 inch is a bit ugly with the way that Ruger did the barrel. But I understand why they did that to lighten the weight.

Even though I have semi autos I am basically a revolver guy. My other pair is S&W 686 plus in a 6inch and 3 inch barrel.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Clint47 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:50 pm
CowboyT wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:57 pm Forum was upgraded? Looks like some image links no longer work, per the above. Admins have been PM'd.
I've posted a support request with the maker of the forum software (phpBB). This seems like a bug in the version we upgraded to but I will confirm with them.
Thanks!
"SF Liberal With A Gun + Free Software Advocate"
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/

I’always liked the looks of the RedHawks. I had “half lug” GP-100 that looked like a mini-red hawk (that went to my brother). Super RedHawks are a triumph of function over form. Ugly in my view, but beautiful if you want to shoot insane loads. I shot .454s out of a buddies SRH and I found it manageable - In SA mode.

Kvoumakas blued redhawk is very nice, aesthetically to me. I love blued guns but I have a mix. I’ve always found Ruger’s lineup to be more of a mix aesthetically - I love their half lugs, but not so much the full lugs. But I would say the same for S&W revolvers. I’ve always liked the Ruger security six & have had my eye open for a 4” model - but so far no luck ...

If I were to venture into .454 or .480 Ruger territory (as a handloader - I eventually will.) however, I think I would get a SBH - I don’t really expect to shoot .454 DA (or even a hot .45 colt.) I really like the bisely models. It they are unobtainable right now.