KelTec to release 5.7x28mm P50™ in Q1

P50™
It doesn’t come with a white Ferrari and salmon blazer, however it does come with some other amazing features including two 50-round magazines. This 5.7 chambered handgun is sure to gather props from your buddies and range rats alike.
Introducing the New P50 5.7x28mm Pistol from KelTec
Just in time for TFB’s Gun Fest 2021 KelTec has dropped an interesting new pistol into the firearms market with the KelTec P50. The P50 is a unique looking pistol chambered in the 5.7×28mm cartridge and uses genuine FN P90 magazines, although in the P50 the magazines feed upside down! The KelTec P50 pistol will begin shipping in the first quarter of 2021 and will be sold for $995 MSRP.
To me, the P50 presents a fresh and somewhat futuristic look with its odd magazine configuration. Based around the iconic P90 magazine its action is unique in that the barrel lifts out of the way in order for the magazine to be loaded but this also has the benefit of making the overall package quite compact. With the rail space at the top being mounted to the “upper” I think accuracy will be able to be maintained out to a decent distance.

Another thing I noticed about the P50 is the odd curved cut in the bottom part of the frame in front of the trigger guard. This seems like the perfect space for some sort of wire stock to snap into if one were to find a way to get a stock mounted to this pistol for a potential SBR build. Or perhaps a thumb groove.

Re: KelTec to release 5.7x28mm P50™ in Q1

I always wanted an FNH Five sevenN pistol, but the price of the ammo always scared me off.

And for Keltec, I have always found them very helpful. No doubt you get what you pay for in a cheaper plastic gun, and I would agree that sometimes they may rush to market a new product but what manufacturer has not been guity of doing that. In my experience, though, their customer service was second to none. They would ship parts quickly and sometimes even for free if you just explained the issue. (Cannot get to their website tonight, though.) I have carried a P3AT for almost two decades as it makes for an easy to carry pocket gun, even when I wear a suit. A number of years ago I also picked up an oddity they made called the P40, which was essentially their attempt to run 40s&w through their P11 frame, which led to problems. A bit snappy against the palm and to the wrist too as she is lightweight. I hope they see success with this new P50– we need more small gun manufacturers that push the envelope yet sell at reasonable prices.

Mark
Mpls, MN
Mark

Wow. I've considered 5.7x28, and if I were ever to go for a "high capacity" firearm - you know, more than 10 rounds - it's probably the way I'd go. Ammo availability has been more deterrent than cost. That said, this just looks like Keltec is trying to goad the incoming administration into a regulatory firefight about magazine capacity.

Not that they're wrong. But the first time one of these gets used in a crime, you know exactly how it's going to go.

KelTec is very creative. Love them or hate them, they cannot be accused of being a AR/Glock clone factory or just another revolver maker.

They have the new CQB that I want, but I won't pay that much for it. I do wonder what these cost. Too bad the ammo prices shot up so fast. It might be fun to shoot with cheaper ammo.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Stiff wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:43 pm Never buy a first generation Kel-Tec. Let other poor bastards test it out and suffer the teething problems.
Stiff is right to caution against paying to beta test for Kel-Tec...
Once the P50 is sorted and proves reliable, it has a number of features that make sense for home defense. It's short, the threaded barrel is a practical necessity for hearing protection, the rail for a light/laser combo and a 50 round mag full of 5.7x28 means you probably won't have to run back to the bedroom for more mags unless things are really going sideways...
As for looks, I have some beautiful pieces but they don't come out to hunt things going bump in the night.
I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEHIND IT

lurker wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:07 am what is a "range rat"?
It's that guy who wants to tell all about your gun and why his is better, battle proven and a classic... then he asks to shoot yours.
I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEHIND IT

A pistol designed to hold 50 rounds of “armor piercing” 5.7?...

CA says, “Bad Roger! No cookie for you!”
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

lurker wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:53 pm
Tedzilla wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:09 pm
lurker wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:07 am what is a "range rat"?
It's that guy who wants to tell all about your gun and why his is better, battle proven and a classic... then he asks to shoot yours.
so... me.
I'd certainly be one to get a crack at your C96. That is the definition of cool to me.

My best friend from the Navy who was a one time anarchist, turned rabid, coke-fueled, Trumper had one, and we never made it to a (private) range together. I've cut him off until he goes through the NA program (there should be an TRumper Anonomous program too.)

Re: KelTec to release 5.7x28mm P50[emoji769] in Q1

INVICTVS138 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:07 pm If I was set up to reload 5.7 & had the components ... I’d still get the Ruger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 on the Ruger, but both would be even better after the early adopters have paid the price.

But at this point, I'm more inclined to adopt an HK91 to see if it would float on Lake Winnipesaukee. Given the market, there have been some less-than-gut-wrenching prices out there on HK91s.