Speaking of Beretta....

I dropped the hammer on a new Beretta Px4 Storm Inox in 9mm yesterday from EuroOptic. $544.00 with tax and shipping. My EDC gun is a Beretta Px4 subcompact 9mm and I like this pistol so much I have been lusting for the full size/17+1 4" barrel model ever since I shot one at the local range.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/px4-storm-inox/

I bought the subcompact because of it's small size but have since been carrying a S&W 6906 which is a bit longer and was surprised that it actually rides tighter to my body as I carry Appendix and the shorter guns tend to want to flip outward at the butt. The longer pistols have more of the muzzle riding down lower and it keeps the butt from flipping outwards. So, carrying the full size is actually tighter to the body than the subcompact.

Got a big Holiday bonus at work and sold the S&W 6906 and a Kel-Tec P-32 to folks in our local support group and they were thrilled to have them. So now all I have to do is maintain until it gets here which will probably be early next week due to the Holiday. Kinda like Christmas a month early.

Pix when it gets here!

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Re: Speaking of Beretta....

I'm thinking of a PCC for my Wife. She's a Sig Sauer Girl and shot one of the MPX PCC carbines and fell in love so this'll be the next and probably last gun we'll end up buying: https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-mpx-pcc.html

Gonna try and move along some of the test guns as we are nearing retirement and keeping stuff that we bought just to try but are not actively shooting is insane. I'm not a collector but we bought a lot of stuff the last 5 or 6 years looking for the best fit for each of us...me being 6'3" and more confident/experienced and her being 5' even and 120 pounds and all we need completely different platforms. Luckily we belong to a small concealed carry support group here and we all share guns at a monthly meeting to test them. So moving along unused firearms is fun and easy as we can let folks test them and we know the guns are going to good folks.

Win/Win. Everybody in the group wants to get one of my Colt 1903's but they will never be for sale.

VooDoo

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Great choice. In another string I recently mentioned that I have the Px4 in .45. You have to get used to the Beretta triggers.

As for the PCC's I couldn't choose between, so I got both...and before anybody asks, I do have the stamp for the SBR
Why Choose.JPG
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

Your wife has expensive tastes VV. At least it leans in the way of greater functionality than a shiny colored stone.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Holy Shit...Thanksgiving eve and the gun has shipped. ETA is Friday - aka Black Friday - exactly 3 days after I paid for it with a holiday in between. :ohmg:

If this happens on schedule I'll be shooting this gun this weekend *and* EuroOptic is a new "Go To" Internet gun shopping site. Wow. Impressive customer service and delivery. The LGS quoted me $200 more than I paid and told me I'd get it late next week *if* their distributor had it in stock. If not? ETA whenever. :wavecry:

I love those guys but they are not keeping up in this century.

VooDoo

Rats...damn that 3 day waiting period. The gun arrived today and I did the paperwork but she stays in jail until Saturday. Bought it on Tuesday and she showed up on Friday *but* we need to make sure we have that 3 day wait in place to the absolute minute. Gotta wait til tomorrow to bring it home. :thumbsdown:

Walk into the LGS with 2 carry guns (concealed) but I can't buy another one because it has not been *ExAcTlY!* 72 hours since the purchase took place. Like another 2 hours would change anything. :thumbup:

We need more gun laws and more paperwork. :laugh:

I'll be back. :roflmao:

VooDoo

:laugh: Cool off period. Tomorrow morning they will run a background check and turn her loose to me. To me, it's like holding a chain saw hostage until we can check the buyer and make sure he has waited until he's cooled off and vetted before we let him go home with his new chain saw.

Silly stuff but's that how it is in ill - inois. It's getting weird now. Usually the Dudes would let me go home with it - bought in on Tuesday, shipped Tuesday late afternoon, shows up at 11 am Friday, I show up at 2 pm but the gun wasn't actually shipped/picked up until 4:30 pm. So it ain't legal for me to posses it until after midnight tonight.

I'll be back tomorrow morning. I did get to visit her in jail and inspect the pistol and she's perfect. So it's just an aggravation. I'm used to it.

VooDoo

Px4andBUG.jpg
Yum! Hey look, they are Sisters! Full size Beretta 17+1 Px4 Storm in 9mm and her lil' sis a Beretta 6+1 Pico in .380 as a BUG. :yahoo: Everything I thought it would be. Even ordered a new High Noon Holsters Upper Cut for the new pistol and got 25% off for Black Friday!

Nice to have matching pistols. Makes accessorizing more fun. :laugh:

VooDoo

No Pico? It's a 6 round hammer fired DAO .380 ACP for goodness sake! Too small? Or does it have that evil 3 dot sight business going on?

VooDoo

Man. I feel for the folks in CA. I love my little Pico....no reason ever to not have a pistol. Fits in a wallet pocket or even front pants pocket.

Gotta get a pix of the whole family with the Px4 subcompact now.

VooDoo

BerettaFamily.jpg
Top to Bottom: Px4 Storm Full Size in 9mm, Px4 Subcompact in 9mm, Pico in .380

The Subcompact has been my basic EDC except when I'm at work and then the job goes to a Sig Sauer P290RS in 9mm. When I'm out and about on extended runs on Evenings and Weekends an spend more time in the general public (like Walmart, banking, shopping, whatever) I'm going to trade the subcompact for the full size. The Pico is always a BUG and when I'm not at work I always carry 2 pistols. The full size is a nice addition - 17+1 and a full mag = 35 rounds and another 13 rounds for a BUG. Plus the subompact can use full size mags if I get in a pinch.

VooDoo

Yesterday the new holster built for the Px4 full size showed up. Pretty much what I expected from High Noon...Best Damn Holsters on The Planet!

Px4_HighNoon.jpg

High Noon Holsters "Instinct Extreme" Kydex in Hexcam Spectre cammo. Straight drop (no cant) for Appendix carry, Pull-the-Dot snap on the black leather strap. Fully adjustable, built like a tank with perfect fit and finish and holds the gun tight to the body but high enough to get a full combat grip. Fantastic. This is the 4th one of the Instinct Extreme's I have purchased from High Noon. Highly recommended.

VooDoo