Re: Rest In Peace Cokie Roberts

A real loss, she came from a political family but didn't get into politics. A report said she had a recurrence of breast cancer.
Political journalist George Will, who worked with Roberts on ABC's This Week, said Roberts was not just born to the political class but was a natural inhabitant. "She liked people on both sides of the aisle and had friends on both sides of the aisle," Will told NPR. "If you don't like the game of politics, I don't see how you write about it well," he said. "She liked the game of politics and she understood that it was a game."
https://www.npr.org/2019/09/17/76105091 ... dies-at-75
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Cokie's father Hale Boggs (D-LA) was majority leader of the House, he was killed in a plane accident in Alaska. Her mother Lindy Boggs ran for the his seat and won it and held it for a number of years. Listening to Mara Liaison when I was out, she said she got an education when she was understudy when Cokie was NPR's Washington correspondent. Cokie grew up in the Capitol since her parents both served in Congress and she seemed to know everyone. A few times I heard her talk about her parents with much admiration.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Trump's tweet on Cokie Roberts:
I never met her. She never treated me nicely. But I would like to wish her family well. She was a professional and I respect professionals...Never treated me well, but I certainly respect her as a professional.
Trump must ALWAYS be a crude, low-life asshole, without a shred of decency. And it's ALWAYS about himself. Her husband of over 50 years, Steven Roberts, is grieving, and all the President of the United States can say, TWICE, "she never treated me nicely" because she asked him questions he couldn't answer.

It will take decades to undo the damage Trump has done in less than 3 years as President. Worst.President.Imaginable.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."