Re: CZ 75 Compact(s)

highdesert wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:39 pm Sportman's Warehouse
Website says "nope." Thanks, though. I didn't even know about this place.

There's a small time FFL near me that may be willing to do the transfer. Won't know until next week, though (they are closed for a funeral). I envy you folk who can go into a gun store and get what you want without the Bay Area fuck you price factor...

shinzen wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:44 pm I lucked out on mine I guess. Walked into a shop in Sacramento and it was just there waiting for me to take it home (10 days later of course)
The Central Valley has better availability. Gun stores around Sonoma County generally have terrible inventory. I was shocked to see a Compact in the case. Maybe, I need both. :lol:

featureless wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:47 pm

There's a small time FFL near me that may be willing to do the transfer. Won't know until next week, though (they are closed for a funeral). I envy you folk who can go into a gun store and get what you want without the Bay Area fuck you price factor...
If you call Sportman's Warehouse and ask them to check inventories for all their stores, they might be able to ship one to the Rohnert Park store. The fucking ten day waiting time is the pits. Local gun stores here don't have much, I always have to drive 50 or 60 miles to a decent gun store.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:44 pm
featureless wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:47 pm

If you call Sportman's Warehouse and ask them to check inventories for all their stores, they might be able to ship one to the Rohnert Park store. The fucking ten day waiting time is the pits. Local gun stores here don't have much, I always have to drive 50 or 60 miles to a decent gun store.
Sportman's doesn't list any of the compact 75s under their CA compliant listing.

Yeah, the 10 day wait period ensures you get to make two trips to where ever the fuck you can find the gun you're looking for. I can understand it, sort of, for a first time purchase. But once you've got a safe full, what's that point beyond making sure you inconvenience the hell out of a law abiding gun owner?

Article out this morning on the 75 Compact.
https://www.shootingillustrated.com/art ... 5-holster/

The CZ slide sits in the frame not on top like most pistols. It has a take down pin which can be a pain since you have to line up the slide and tap the pin. In Wally World's craft section they have a small jewelry hammer, perfect for tapping the pin I keep one in my range bag.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

offensivename wrote:
Bucolic wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:25 pm I waited nearly a year for mine. Also endured a long wait for my RAMI and Sp-01. While they are worth a wait, it can be pretty frustrating.
How is the RAMI? I've been thinking that maybe I'd want one to carry if it shoots nice.
It’s a nice pistol but is a little fat. In the rare occasion that I carry, I prefer my Sig 238. The RAMI does hold 10 rounds of 9 mm with the flush mag, which is an obvious advantage over the Sig.

I've been doing some soul searching and some stock searching. While the time whiled away, this came into the LGS. Always one to say "fuck it, my plan was silly" while faced with the imposition of waiting for a P-01, I bought it. Oops. :oops:
20190627_182634.jpg
I've never had a specific HD gun that would also be wonderful at the range, so... Single action is slick as snot compared to what I'm used to. Double action is heavy but smooth. Nothing the CGW defensive package can't improve, right? :happy:

Anybody in CA looking for a loved first generation M&P9? I suddenly have one for sale.

featureless wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:36 pm I've been doing some soul searching and some stock searching. While the time whiled away, this came into the LGS. Always one to say "fuck it, my plan was silly" while faced with the imposition of waiting for a P-01, I bought it. Oops. :oops:

20190627_182634.jpg

I've never had a specific HD gun that would also be wonderful at the range, so... Single action is slick as snot compared to what I'm used to. Double action is heavy but smooth. Nothing the CGW defensive package can't improve, right? :happy:

Anybody in CA looking for a loved first generation M&P9? I suddenly have one for sale.
Congratulations !!!!! :clap: The big brother of the P-01, except the frame is steel not aluminum. Great range gun and home defense pistol. Don't know if your wife or daughter are into shooting, but at 38 oz the recoil isn't bad. Is this your first CZ ?

Re: CZ 75 Compact(s) and not so compacts

Thanks, lads. Yes, first CZ but I've shot a couple of SP-01s at LGC events. Very nice guns. I'd thought at some point, I'd buy a Dan Wesson. I think this is a better choice as it has far more practical applications as well as being an easy looker.

Anybody do their own CGW install? I've put several AR lowers together, so am not afraid to venture into the world of pins, springs and levers, just never worked on a DA/SA handgun. Do you miss out on the polished internals? I've never dun no polishin afore.

CZ 75 Compact(s) and not so compacts

The CGW ultralight kit is pretty easy to install. I’ve done three of them and my last took maybe 20 minutes. I can’t comment on the reach reduction or other cgw kits.

The ultralight kit makes a significant improvement for about $50.

Edit; I think you will really like the Sp01.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: CZ 75 Compact(s) and not so compacts

I was looking at a CZ-75 D PCR Compact and a P-01 recently. I have talked myself out of buying one of them...for the time being. I haven’t researched extensively, but aside from the lack of a rail, it seems the PCR compact has a CZ-75B trigger and slide stop, as opposed to the SP-01 type trigger and slide stop on the P-01. The PCR is a bit cheaper, and the sights are different, but I would replace them either way (the dots are about the size of Donald Trump’s fingerprints. Why can’t there be a compact model that comes with tritium sights out of the box like my SP-01 Tactical did?).

If I decided to carry a P-01 or PCR, I would also be looking at a new holster, grips, tritium sights, spare magazines and parts, etc. I know I would enjoy shooting and carrying one of them, but in terms of defensive practicality, what would a compact CZ-75 variant do that my Glock 19 can’t? Or at least that is what I am trying to tell myself for the time being while I vacillate on the question of buying one of the aforementioned CZ handguns. :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I have been saying for some time now that America only has one party - the property party. It's the party of big corporations, the party of money. It has two right-wings; one is Democrat and the other is Republican."
-Gore Vidal