Re: Threaded barrel illegal in California?

Really?!? The reverse is true in CA.

Taken from TheHighRoad.org:
In CA, thread barrels are only illegal when installed on semi-auto pistols that use detachable magazines.

Threaded barrel + semi-auto pistol + detachable magazine = illegal [PC 12276.1(a)(4)(A)]
Threaded barrel + semi-auto pistol + fixed magazine = legal
Threaded barrel + revolver = legal
Threaded barrel + single-shot pistol = legal
Threaded barrel + bolt-action pistol = legal
Threaded barrel + lever-action pistol = legal
Threaded barrel + semi-auto rifle = legal
Threaded barrel + bolt-action rifle = legal
Threaded barrel + lever-action rifle = legal
Threaded barrel + pump-action rifle = legal
Threaded barrel + single-shot rifle = legal
Threaded barrel + semi-auto shotgun = legal
Threaded barrel + pump-action shotgun = legal
Threaded barrel + lever-action shotgun = legal
Threaded barrel + single/double barrel shotgun = legal

Penal Code 12276.1
(a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

senorgrand wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:57 pmillegal
Damn! It’s such a cute little thing! Her nephew is engaged to a Czech woman. We wanted to show it off to her. I wonder how hard it is to get a plain barrel into a P-01?

Good thing this question occurred to me <12 hours before leaving. I’d already packed it and couple of Ruger Mks into the case. Swapped it out for my Dan Wesson, which has no evil in it (according to CA leg).

Driving through central OR now. We’ll be down in SLO through the weekend. Will visit SLOSA at least once.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Permanently... yes. That usually means welded, not Red Loc-tite or even epoxied. If it can be removed with a hand wrench and vice in court, you’re screwed.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi