Re: A collection of Stephen Camp handgun articles

I just read this:
So why don't I own more? Simple; I hate Ruger's policy that makes spare parts all but impossible for the private owner and more than a little difficult for gunsmiths to obtain. They want guns needing parts changes sent to them. These days that is expensive and what's worse is that if you've had a trigger job or internal change made, rest assured that Ruger will replace your altered parts with stock ones. This means that your trigger job is gone. The "good" side is that some parts, particularly for the rimfires, can be purchased from other sources. You're also not very likely to have much break, but if you do and the gun goes to the factory, I want you to be aware of what will happen concerning altered internal parts.
Is this true? I've never had to send a Ruger back to the factory but I would hate to lloose my trigger job.

Re: A collection of Stephen Camp handgun articles

My first centerfire pistol was a High Power due to Mr. Camp's articles. The second was a CZ pre-B, again from his influence.

I don't think too much about terminal ballistics and CCW of pistols either. I usually carry an airweight J-frame with the FBI load 158gr LSWHP he recommended, or more rarely, a CZ compact when the weather lets me wear more than a T-shirt. The compact CZs and HP are pretty similarly proportioned but I'd wager the CZ is more durable.