<t>Which Boomstick to Buy?</t>

Poll ended at Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:05 pm You may select 1 option

<t>Doc Holliday Thunderer 45LC, 4 3/4"</t>
Total votes: 3 (33%)
<t>Model P 45LC , 4 3/4" with an additional 45ACP cylinder</t> (No votes)
<t>Stainless Frontier .45 LC, 5 1/2"</t>
Total votes: 6 (67%)
Total votes: 9

Re: Cimarron Firearms - Which to buy?

Marlene wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:54 pm
shinzen wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:32 pm I'm fairly disappointed that none of the local LGC folks in the bay area have one. I should have been able to shoot one by now. FOR SHAME! :)
I have the smaller framed Lighting. You just didn’t come to the range that week.
You know you're supposed to bring these things. To all the weeks.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Soo..base pin is stuck like Chuck. Half cocked and loading gate open, no dice...it only goes out maybe 1/2".

I'm fairly certain there's a burr on or I fucked up putting it back in after cleaning it as it originally came out with no effort. Currently have it soaking in 3 in 1 and am prepared to tap it out the back with a brass punch.

Halp.
LGC Texas - Vice President

Whelp, it's officially disassembled and the base pin is out. I think I may taken things too far.

I'm very confident in putting it back together except a few things aren't readily telling me where they go. The exploded diagram Cimarron provided was not very helpful. They are circled in red.

I also would be incredibly grateful if someone had step by step instructions to help me along my way back to a reassembled gun. The internet has been useless.

This can't be any more complicated than putting a 1911 back together after replacing the beaver tail and thumb safety, right?

Re: Cimarron Firearms - Need assembly manual and guidance!

Confirmed, now why would the hammer not lock back to half cock? I have it fully assembled but when I go to install the cylinder and base pin, I can't get the hammer to stay at half cock when the loading gate is open.

First thought is that I didn't get the trigger on the right spot, but the screw/pin seems to only have one location.

Thanks for all the advice so far...I feel I like I'm getting close to figuring this out. I'm sure it's something silly now.

Re: Cimarron Firearms - Need assembly manual and guidance!

Found a pair of YouTube videos that wasn't some guy mumbling his way through obscured directions.

It's back together. Apparently I had the bolt/trigger/spring in entirety the wrong spots.

Thanks again to Marlene for helping to guide me through what the heck I was looking at and nudge me through the icky parts.

Hey, at least now know how to completely strip a Colt SA into it's material components.

....that goddamn plunger spring. Why, Uberti?!