Re: $5K Laugo Alien at SHOT Show 2020

God there's just something about that design that bristles me. I understand it might be made that way for the sake of reduced recoil and general ergonomics but it looks like the offspring of a Hi Point and Kel-Tec. Is the trend of handguns looking like they came from EVIKE's bargain bin a recent one?
"See, chess doesn't prepare you for this. You can't say that a rook and three pawns flanked your knight but he laid down suppressing fire and punched through them anyway. You get disqualified if you try that."

The design reminds me of Tanfoglio pistols which are basically a CZ 75. And it also reminds me of a Walther CCP now in it's second generation.
The CCP – or Concealed Carry Pistol – is the first polymer pistol with Softcoil gas technology. This technology improves the user’s experience by reducing overall felt recoil and allowing the slide to be easily manipulated regardless of hand strength.
https://waltherarms.com/ccp/
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

ChipGribble wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:38 pm God there's just something about that design that bristles me. I understand it might be made that way for the sake of reduced recoil and general ergonomics but it looks like the offspring of a Hi Point and Kel-Tec. Is the trend of handguns looking like they came from EVIKE's bargain bin a recent one?
Pistols are tools meant to be functional. The Alien _looks_ like it is designed around the idea of lowering the slide mass, keeping the sights steady, having a fixed barrel, and having a low bore axis. Those are all worthy goals in making an accurate, easy-to-handle pistol. The bore axis allegedly is 1.7mm below the grip axis. But since there still is some slide mass above that, the muzzle still rises, albeit about half or less of what it does on a typical competition-type semi-auto. Another cool factor is the user can quickly interchange top rails using the takedown pin. So one could have a red-dot and another could have iron sights. I don't know if it really holds zero when switching between top rails, but Laugo claims it does because they use unusually tight tolerances. I read the brochure. Maybe someone with money to burn can report back.

In the video, the fellow who looks like an extra from Peaky Blinders appears to try to demonstrate rapid reacquisition of the target.

https://laugo.us/