Pro-Bolsonaro Protesters Storm Brazil's Congress In Capital

Well Brazil is having their own Jan. 6 a little late.
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Supporters of former Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro who refuse to accept his electoral defeat stormed Congress, the Supreme Court and presidential palace in the capital Sunday, just a week after the inauguration of his leftist rival, President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva.

Thousands of demonstrators bypassed security barricades, climbed on the roofs, broke windows and invaded all three buildings, which are connected through the vast Three Powers square in Brasilia. Some are calling for a military intervention to restore the far-right Bolsonaro to power.

Images on TV channel Globo News showed protesters roaming the presidential palace, many of them wearing green and yellow, the colors of the flag that have also come to symbolize the Bolsonaro government.

The incidents recalled the Jan. 6 invasion of the U.S. Capitol, something many political analysts and the judiciary Bolsonaro have warned about for months. But in this case it is likely that Congress and the Supreme Court had limited personnel inside the buildings on a Sunday.

Bolsonaro supporters have been protesting against Lula’s electoral win since Oct. 30, blocking roads, setting vehicles on fires and gathering outside military buildings, asking armed forces to intervene. Many believed election results were fraudulent or unreliable.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/capital ... fd55e9fe60

Typical South American politics. The Rightwing party doesn’t like the outcome so they have a coup usually supported by the military.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Pro-Bolsonaro Protesters Storm Brazil's Congress In Capital

TrueTexan wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:07 pm Well Brazil is having their own Jan. 6 a little late.
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Supporters of former Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro who refuse to accept his electoral defeat stormed Congress, the Supreme Court and presidential palace in the capital Sunday, just a week after the inauguration of his leftist rival, President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva.

Thousands of demonstrators bypassed security barricades, climbed on the roofs, broke windows and invaded all three buildings, which are connected through the vast Three Powers square in Brasilia. Some are calling for a military intervention to restore the far-right Bolsonaro to power.

Images on TV channel Globo News showed protesters roaming the presidential palace, many of them wearing green and yellow, the colors of the flag that have also come to symbolize the Bolsonaro government.

The incidents recalled the Jan. 6 invasion of the U.S. Capitol, something many political analysts and the judiciary Bolsonaro have warned about for months. But in this case it is likely that Congress and the Supreme Court had limited personnel inside the buildings on a Sunday.

Bolsonaro supporters have been protesting against Lula’s electoral win since Oct. 30, blocking roads, setting vehicles on fires and gathering outside military buildings, asking armed forces to intervene. Many believed election results were fraudulent or unreliable.

Typical South American politics. The Rightwing party doesn’t like the outcome so they have a coup usually supported by the military.
Thankfully our military commanders ( most of them) have a decent head on their shoulders. Obviously Jair is talking to Trumpty Dumpty and in contact back home.
We need to stop that shit like right now.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Lula didn't fuck around the way TOS did. He sent in troops and they ARRESTED HUNDREDS ON THE SPOT! They use 'copter launched tear gas and riot bullets, and didn't just let the traitors leave--they arrested who they could. Of course, Trump WANTED the coup to succeed, which is why he tried to get to the Capitol to LEAD the invasion--that's what coup leaders do.

I doubt Bolsonaro will be able to evade extradition when he is charged.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

TrueTexan wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:07 pm Well Brazil is having their own Jan. 6 a little late.

Typical American politics under the orange turd. The Rightwing party doesn’t like the outcome so they attempt a coup but not supported by the military.
FIFY

Bet trump was giddy when this happened. 'See!!"...

That is exactly how I feel. This is bad for democracy everywhere because this mentality emboldens fascism in the world. Fascists naturally are the ones that quickly resort to violence when they lose elections they feel they “deserved” to win. That special brand of entitlement mixed with fear/anger also seems strongly corolated with white-nationalism.

Meanwhile, back at the beach…

Brazil's Jair Bolsonaro admitted to hospital in Florida
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canad ... gn=KARANGA

(Stomach pains. Probably ulcer brought upon by stress. Eat less fatty foods and lay off the rolaids, Senhor Ex-presidente.)
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Well as for the former Presidente, it sounds like he is coming down with the dreaded "out of favor" disease that is suffered by many exSoviet favorites. It was undiagnosed stomach troubles.

I would have said Putin's disease, but they seem to have issues with balance and heights, by open windows.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

SunRiseWest wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:33 pm Yeah, this is very, very bad. It's bad for Brazil, but I think it could embolden patriot pukes and oath peeper wannabes to try something similar here again.

Hope I'm wrong about that. Maybe it's like when you had a speck in your eye, you rinse it out, and it still feels like it's there for a half hour or so, but... I dunno. I just feel like this isn't over-- here or in Brazil.
When trump is indicted and must go to a Federal courthouse to answer the charges, trump will call upon his 'faithful' to come to the 'storm' and 'free him. Expect it. BUT, like in Brazil, LE just needs to make arrests, but they will be armed..gonna get ugly.

F4FEver wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:27 am
SunRiseWest wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:33 pm Yeah, this is very, very bad. It's bad for Brazil, but I think it could embolden patriot pukes and oath peeper wannabes to try something similar here again.

Hope I'm wrong about that. Maybe it's like when you had a speck in your eye, you rinse it out, and it still feels like it's there for a half hour or so, but... I dunno. I just feel like this isn't over-- here or in Brazil.
When trump is indicted and must go to a Federal courthouse to answer the charges, trump will call upon his 'faithful' to come to the 'storm' and 'free him. Expect it. BUT, like in Brazil, LE just needs to make arrests, but they will be armed..gonna get ugly.
And that will be his death warrant.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

The difference in Brazil is that Bolsonaro wasn't president when this happened. It's not like J6 when Trump was still in the WH and Biden's election hadn't been certified. Lula was sworn in as president and he controls the police and the military and he'll handle this along with the courts.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:57 am The difference in Brazil is that Bolsonaro wasn't president when this happened. It's not like J6 when Trump was still in the WH and Biden's election hadn't been certified. Lula was sworn in as president and he controls the police and the military and he'll handle this along with the courts.
And, yet, it happened. But Lula didn't fuck around the way Trump did.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:58 pm
highdesert wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:57 am The difference in Brazil is that Bolsonaro wasn't president when this happened. It's not like J6 when Trump was still in the WH and Biden's election hadn't been certified. Lula was sworn in as president and he controls the police and the military and he'll handle this along with the courts.
And, yet, it happened. But Lula didn't fuck around the way Trump did.
Nor would any leader that wasn't a fascist hoping the insurrectionist would win, like the POS turd.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:52 am
F4FEver wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:27 am

And that will be his death warrant.
One can only hope..if trump was permanently out of the picture, a LOT of the air would go outta the maga balloon....

I'm reading a lot of if's. Trump will be pleading a lot of fifth's. I'd be surprised if he ever has to answer for his actions, but I welcome such surprises.

How many wealthy, powerful, connected people are in prison? How many of those have been president? Rather than wade thru the filth hoping to find the noose with which to hang him, we should insure against another.

Mother Nature will tend to Trump. The best that we can hope for is he dies in his sleep.

Donald, you're getting sleeepy...sleeepy...
This isn't going well, is it?