Trump attorneys want to limit contact between special master and National Archives

Donald Trump's attorneys asked the special master presiding over the Mar-a-Lago document review not to hear privately from the "highly politicized" National Archives.

The former president has attacked the National Archives and Records Administration as "radical left-controlled" since the FBI searched his Florida resort looking for classified materials the government says don't belong to him, and Trump's attorneys argued Friday that special master Raymond Dearie should not be allowed to meet with the NARA without them present, reported Law & Crime.

"[Trump] respectfully contends that the Special Master should avoid engaging in an ex parte contact or otherwise conducting private interviews in this matter,” Trump attorney James Trusty said in a four-page letter. “Further, as noted during the initial Status Conference, [Trump] has deep concerns regarding the political bias of NARA leadership. Accordingly, we must object to any contact with NARA that does not allow for the full participation of the parties.”
This move by TOS's lawyers is like giving the Drug Lord a list of potential witnesses and evidence before charges are even filed.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Trump attorneys want to limit contact between special master and National Archives

Much more like attorney’s of the Drug Lord asking to limit evidence presentable at trial. It’s stupid. There is no legal precedence nor justification for any of this. The lawyers can ask for anything they want and whine about it. But the judges are the ones who must act JUDICIOUSLY and slap down ridiculous requests.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Re: Trump attorneys want to limit contact between special master and National Archives

Trump's 'trainwreck' defense in Mar-a-Lago case was the worst argument in court I've ever seen

On MSNBC Tuesday, former acting solicitor general and legal analyst Neil Katyal broke down the significance of the appeals court hearing where a panel of judges, including two appointed by former President Donald Trump, appeared set to overrule Florida District Judge Aileen Cannon and shut down the special master review demanded by the former president to block the Justice Department's investigation of classified documents stashed at Mar-a-Lago.

"So Neil, on the hearing today in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta over the appointment of the special master in the Mar-a-Lago case ... you tweeted you 'don't think [you've] heard an oral argument go worse for someone,'" said anchor Ayman Mohyeldin. "Why do you think their hearing went so poorly for Trump? You just described all the legal setbacks he's had this year on a host of different fronts. Now you have this one today, and you're describing it as pretty bad."
"I would say this was a trainwreck, but I don't think that quite gives justice to how badly this went for Donald Trump today," continued Katyal. "The panel was skeptical of everything that Trump's lawyer said. And yes, I think it went about as poorly as any opposing argument I've ever seen. I don't think it's about Trump's lawyer, by the way. His lawyer is a good lawyer. It's not that. His argument was horrible. He had to defend the indefensible. And to defend this judge in Florida, Judge Cannon, who wrote a ruling that was, to put it mildly, bonkers."
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-s-train ... en-expert/

Well seems TOS and his “legal experts” are batting zero and they are headed into the ninth inning. Put it in soccer terms his whole team has been carded by the referee without making a goal.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:12 pm
Trump's 'trainwreck' defense in Mar-a-Lago case was the worst argument in court I've ever seen

On MSNBC Tuesday, former acting solicitor general and legal analyst Neil Katyal broke down the significance of the appeals court hearing where a panel of judges, including two appointed by former President Donald Trump, appeared set to overrule Florida District Judge Aileen Cannon and shut down the special master review demanded by the former president to block the Justice Department's investigation of classified documents stashed at Mar-a-Lago.

"So Neil, on the hearing today in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta over the appointment of the special master in the Mar-a-Lago case ... you tweeted you 'don't think [you've] heard an oral argument go worse for someone,'" said anchor Ayman Mohyeldin. "Why do you think their hearing went so poorly for Trump? You just described all the legal setbacks he's had this year on a host of different fronts. Now you have this one today, and you're describing it as pretty bad."
"I would say this was a trainwreck, but I don't think that quite gives justice to how badly this went for Donald Trump today," continued Katyal. "The panel was skeptical of everything that Trump's lawyer said. And yes, I think it went about as poorly as any opposing argument I've ever seen. I don't think it's about Trump's lawyer, by the way. His lawyer is a good lawyer. It's not that. His argument was horrible. He had to defend the indefensible. And to defend this judge in Florida, Judge Cannon, who wrote a ruling that was, to put it mildly, bonkers."
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-s-train ... en-expert/

Well seems TOS and his “legal experts” are batting zero and they are headed into the ninth inning. Put it in soccer terms his whole team has been carded by the referee without making a goal.
trump's argument below
[Trump] has deep concerns regarding the political bias of NARA leadership. Accordingly, we must object to any contact with NARA that does not allow for the full participation of the parties
'Deep Concerns', based on ZERO evidence. As if that is any kind of viable reason to not allow the SM access to NARA..ridiculous.

'Bench slap': Legal experts say court 'eviscerated' Trump judge for 'interfering' in Mar-a-Lago case

A three-member panel on the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta, which included two judges appointed by Trump, issued a 21-page opinion blasting the decision by Cannon, another Trump appointee, to block the FBI from using thousands of documents until they are reviewed by a special master. The unanimous ruling said Cannon never had jurisdiction to order the review or to prohibit the FBI from using documents seized from Mar-a-Lago in its criminal investigation. The court also rejected the idea that Trump should be treated differently than any other target of a search warrant.

"It is indeed extraordinary for a warrant to be executed at the home of a former president — but not in a way that affects our legal analysis or otherwise gives the judiciary license to interfere in an ongoing investigation," the ruling said. "To create a special exception here would defy our nation's foundational principle that our law applies 'to all, without regard to numbers, wealth or rank,'" it continued.

Cannon's special master order riled legal experts, who noted that there is no precedent for a former president to invoke executive privilege after leaving office and to prevent the Justice Department, another part of the executive branch, from viewing executive branch documents.

"The law is clear," the judges added. "We cannot write a rule that allows any subject of a search warrant to block government investigations after the execution of the warrant. Nor can we write a rule that allows only former presidents to do so."
Full article and link to the court ruling. https://www.alternet.org/2022/12/us-dis ... en-cannon/

The court also slapped down TOS lawyers for judge shopping and her accepting the case.

It keeps getting worse for him and his, not that there's anything wrong with that.

To put a very fine point on it, the orange spirochete heads the collusion of chancres. They're all deathly afraid of Dr. Smith and his penicillin. As it should be. Who will win? Those with the most popcorn! LOL.

The glee on this announcer's face and in his voice could light up a deep, dark coal mine.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

I imagine this is somewhat like what Al Capone and John Gotti felt: the walls getting closer, friends and associates jailed or leaving town, his world crumbling around him. That oh so special feeling when the Feds are closing-in like the classic moves of a chess game.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi