Re: House J6 Insurrection Hearings thread

You are right Bisbee, but it doesn’t help if no one outside of the arguing pair are willing to put on the brakes. Being cheerleaders for either side is not going to keep arguments from boiling over to a larger conflict. At this point very few will admit it, but that is exactly what happened in this case.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

STILL to this day it amazes me that intelligent people and not could not see through the rhetoric and pomposity that was coming from the orange slime and that he would be the one to potentially try and steal an election, and cause insurrection when he couldn't win.
I mean seriously, especially when the voting started or even prior too he was saying the only way he could lose is if the election was a fraud.
Dangerous man from the get go.
And directly after the 2016 election is when I got my first AR. Because of him.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Oh, Bisbee, you dear man. The internet one-to-many put sand in our tighty-whities, and we'll never be the same. When I was a teen I subscribed to a wild evangelical magazine called The Plain Truth along with many of my school mates. We took it to mock it, as it was so warped. Maga warped back in the mid sixties--the subscription was free. They were out there then. Nowadays it's too easy to click into a bubble of weird for free and with little effort. I think the same natural proportion of weird exists now as has always existed, but they have these internet platforms where they can reach millions to get one thousand whack jobs to want to go paint the Capitol red or what not. I'm retired now, but I used to teach students how to drink from the fire hose, to know it all, but to maintain their own selves despite the weird. Wish more people could do that.

More to the point of the thread, Ginni has been invited.

https://twitter.com/rcdimezzo/status/15 ... 2198984711

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:28 pm
More to the point of the thread, Ginni has been invited.

https://twitter.com/rcdimezzo/status/15 ... 2198984711

CDFingers
The question is will she show up or will they require a court order?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

I’d like to see her show up and make a fool out of herself in her answers.

But it’s just as likely she will ignore the subpoena and face contempt charges. Embarrassing for her husband. But really, what’s new?
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

In the 1980s, Virginia “Ginni” Thomas had a moment of clarity: She realized she had fallen in with a group she considered “a cult” and sought to be “deprogrammed” from it, she said in decades-old remarks obtained by NBC News.

Thomas’ involvement with Lifespring, an organization advertising training seminars purporting to help participants unlock almost superhuman potential, left her wondering what it was about herself that allowed her to be drawn in. Her successful deprogramming — considered a controversial tactic — led her to become a vigorous anti-cult crusader. For years, she was deeply involved with the nation’s largest anti-cult organization, assisting in setting up workshops for congressional staffers to combat groups like Lifespring.

“When you come away from a cult, you’ve got to find a balance in your life as far as getting involved with fighting the cult or exposing it,” Thomas told attendees at a 1986 Cult Awareness Network panel in Kansas City, Missouri. “And kind of the other angle is getting a sense of yourself and what was it that made you get into that group. And what open questions are there that still need to be answered.”

It’s difficult to reconcile Thomas then and now, four people who worked with her at the height of her anti-cult activism through the late 1980s said in interviews. After she spent years trying to expose cults, these people found Thomas’ efforts to promote outlandish plans to overturn the 2020 results, particularly the text messages and emails in which she referenced false election conspiracies that originated in QAnon circles on the internet, surprising. Democrats and Republicans alike have said QAnon supporters exhibit cult-like behavior.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... -rcna22131

Some people always think "conspiracy" and fall into cults like Lifespring, Scientology, QAnon...
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Alcoholics cannot drink alcohol and not become addicted.

Likewise this woman cannot dabble in fantastic ideas that makes her feel special and not get suckered in by them.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Eastman is toast. Will he sing to knock some years off his sentence?
But last night he was not under oath, so when his email correspondence with Ginni Thomas, wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, was reported by the Post and the New York Times, he couldn’t help himself.

OMG, Mrs. Thomas asked me to give an update about election litigation to her group. Stop the Presses!, by @DrJohnEastman https://t.co/t9LsCkLplm

— John Eastman (@DrJohnEastman) June 16, 2022

OMG, indeed.

Last week, US District Judge David Carter ordered Eastman to release the last tranche of disputed emails from his Chapman University account, including several with Ginni Thomas.
https://abovethelaw.com/2022/06/john-ea ... pal-ginni/

One by one they all get exposed. When will critical mass get reached so we can move forward? Some people still can't spot that they're still getting grifted.

CDFingers

Simon & Schuster Will Distribute Jan. 6 Report With Forward by Conspiracy Theorist

With the January 6 hearings dominating the headlines, publishing giant Simon & Schuster has announced that it will distribute the final report of the congressional committee investigating the insurrection. But there is something odd about the Simon & Schuster announcement: This edition of the report will come with a foreword from Darren Beattie—a former Trump speechwriter who was fired from the White House for attending a conference that is popular with white nationalists. More recently, Beattie has spread pro-Trump, far-right conspiracy theories about the attack on the US Capitol.

This version of the committee’s final report will actually be published by a company called Skyhorse Publishing, an independent publisher that has a distribution agreement with Simon & Schuster
https://www.motherjones.com/media/2022 ... n-beattie/

Guess we need the Repug Rightwing slant to the hearings for a “fair and balanced “ viewpoint.
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Well in comes out there was a FOX in the henhouse plotting the overthrow of the election.
A Fox host who apparently helped mastermind John Eastman’s coup plot was the only one talking about it in prime time

Fox News is burying Thursday’s revelations about the plot by then-President Donald Trump and Trump lawyer John Eastman to pressure then-Vice President Mike Pence to illegally reject electors from key states that supported Joe Biden and thus subvert the election to keep Trump in office, detailed during Thursday’s hearing of the House select committee investigating the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.

The only mentions of that conspiracy during Fox’s prime-time block Thursday night came from Fox host Mark Levin – who apparently worked with Eastman to develop the plot and spoke out on Thursday in support of it.
https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/f ... ne-talking
John Eastman’s latest legal filing reveals the “dual role” of Fox News hosts in service of the conservative legal movement

Politico reported Friday that John Eastman, the disgraced ex-law professor who formulated many of former President Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election results, was also apparently in communication with Fox News host Mark Levin. The story gets even more interesting from there, revealing the shell game that right-wing media personalities engage in while doubling as political operatives.
https://www.mediamatters.org/january-6- ... ts-service

Well Faux News personalities may learn you can't play both sides of the street without winding up in the middle and getting run over.

See, as old and curmudgeonly as some people like Judge Luttig may have been in his entire adult life, I have always held an intuitively natural and human respect for True Conservatives for speaking their heart and revealing the limits of their compassion due to a dearth of life experiences. Because oftentimes the experiences they do have are deep and profound as any well I may not have drank from. And they can turn out to be heroes when the time arrives for them to step up.

More of these people must be brought into the fold to help fight the good fight against Crazies who seek to tear down Democracy for the sake of “winning” in their mistaken belief that the con-artist mafiosos will save a seat for them at the table when they completely take over government as fascist dictators.

Donald Trump will be implicated in a plan to submit fake electors to overturn the 2020 presidential election, Representative Adam Schiff said on Sunday.
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-implicat ... ff-1717202

Each day for him will be worse than the previous one, which sucked. You see how they're scurrying about? Popcorn.

CDFingers

CDFingers wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:17 am
Wino wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:02 am Interesting take and response by Luttig for speaking so slow and precisely.

https://www.rawstory.com/michael-luttig-speaks/
I was going to post that. Good call.

CDFingers
Luttig wanted to be damned sure the terminally stupid could understand every word he uttered as it seeped in one of their ears and out the other.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Luttig is giving them, the old "I'm going to say this slowly and one time. So you better listen and understand what I'm about to say."
When I heard that from my Dad I knew I was in Deep Shit.

SubRosa wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:21 pm They ought to give each of the clowns a single earplug.

Have them put it in whichever ear, so what is being said won't just go in one ear and out the other...

SR
Hard to get earplugs in when their heads are so far up their asses.

So...when all this is over...what WILL the DOJ do? And to whom. I certainly hope some of the biggest clowns, like trump, eastman and guiliani are arrested. Case against trump....From pushing the big lie, to planning and then doing nothing during the insurrection, to the crap with eastman/Pence to fake electors...Will we see an indictment on trump? Will that cause rioting in the streets? Hope so.
Will trump be arrested and charged in Georgia? Hope so...

Starting tomorrow June 21st.
The panel is scheduled to have two hearings next week -- one on June 21 and another on June 23 -- both starting at 1 p.m. ET [10 am PT]. Republican Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, the vice chair of the committee, has broadly laid out these themes for future hearings:

Trying to use the government to spread his lie. This hearing, originally scheduled for Wednesday, but later postponed, will show how "Trump corruptly planned to replace the Attorney General of the United States so the US Justice Department would spread his false stolen election claims."

Pressuring state legislators. This hearing will provide "evidence that President Trump corruptly pressured state legislators and election officials to change election results."

Inciting insurrection. The final June hearings will show how "Trump summoned a violent mob and directed them, illegally, to march on the US Capitol" and "failed to take immediate action to stop the violence and instruct his supporters to leave the Capitol."
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/16/politics ... index.html

No real smoking gun, it's stuff we've already heard over the last year and a half. Raffensperger of GA will have his testimony broadcast and I assume other state election officials in battleground states.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan