Re: House J6 Insurrection Hearings thread

Emails In Dec by Trump’s campaign head in GA asks for secrecy and discretion when organizing alternate electors gathering in GA Capitol to show up in DC. “Your duties are imperative to ensure the end result — a win in Georgia for President Trump — but will be hampered unless we have complete secrecy and discretion.'

This in conjunction with a plan to throw the election certification process into disarray and/or remove VP Pence from the Capitol building to delay certification. The use the violence by Trump supporters attacking the Capitol was ready justification for Trump ordering DC to be placed under martial law and stop the election certification and throw the election and transfer of powers into utter chaos.

https://truthout.org/articles/damning-l ... 04c5e27972
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Most people won’t bother watching. People on “the left” already understand what went down and people on “the right” either don’t believe it, believe it but don’t care, or actually applaud it.

How will it affect the midterms? It won’t. Everyone on “the right” who supports Trump will vote to keep Democrats out of office. Everyone on “the right” who doesn’t support Trump will vote to keep Democrats out of office. Folks on the left will offer a laundry list of reasons for not voting.

Republicans will sweep the house. We’ll see about the senate.
Last edited by Greengunner on Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever I said above, just pretend I included the obligatory “both sides,” especially if I said something mean about Trump (don’t want to hurt any feelings).

www.schayden.com

I'm not so sure we should be sad yet. It's popcorn time.

I remember how quickly things moved during Watergate. Once irrefutable proof gets shown on the networks, the internet press will run with it. Anyone can predict a reduction of influence by the orange spirochete. But how many R's will go down along with him, and who are the governors in those states?

I say enjoy the ride.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Watergate was a historical benchmark, we were all glued to our TVs. The office where I worked had a TV always on in the breakroom during the hearings. Those were the days when there were three networks (NBC, CBS, ABC), it was long before CNN and Fox and of course there was no Internet. We couldn't go online to read Woodward and Bernstein's articles, it wasn't a 24/7 news cycle like now. In the evening there was 15 minutes of local news and 15 minutes of national news.

People live in political silos and many have already made up their minds. Facts don't sway people, guns are a prime example. I'll be interested in the ratings numbers. And I'll watch.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

TX GOP congressman: National Guard movements show Capitol Police 'wanted' January 6 to happen

On Wednesday, Rep. Troy Nehls (R-TX) proposed a new conspiracy theory about the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol to CNN reporter Melanie Zanona.

Specifically, Nehls — himself a former sheriff — claimed that the movements of the National Guard on that day suggest that Capitol Police secretly wanted the attack on the Capitol. "I think the Capitol Police didn't have the National Guard here because maybe they just wanted it to happen," he said.
https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-police-2657479058/

In fact it was TOT’s DOD that was the bottleneck by delaying the request for the National Guard.

Just another TX Rethug Rep running for Louie Gohmert’s title as the dumbest Representative in Congress. It is going to be a large amount of the Rethug Reps in Texas in that race. We have some that make MTG and Boebert look down right brilliant.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:31 pm
TX GOP congressman: National Guard movements show Capitol Police 'wanted' January 6 to happen

On Wednesday, Rep. Troy Nehls (R-TX) proposed a new conspiracy theory about the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol to CNN reporter Melanie Zanona.

Specifically, Nehls — himself a former sheriff — claimed that the movements of the National Guard on that day suggest that Capitol Police secretly wanted the attack on the Capitol. "I think the Capitol Police didn't have the National Guard here because maybe they just wanted it to happen," he said.
https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-police-2657479058/

In fact it was TOT’s DOD that was the bottleneck by delaying the request for the National Guard.

Just another TX Rethug Rep running for Louie Gohmert’s title as the dumbest Representative in Congress. It is going to be a large amount of the Rethug Reps in Texas in that race. We have some that make MTG and Boebert look down right brilliant.
Another traitor from texass..what a surprise.
AND The Orange Turd lied about that, saying HE called in the National Guard(It was Pence).

This TV presentation had better result in DOJ indictments or it's just 'another day in June'...

AG Merrick Garland has been a huge disappointment. I don't expect a damned thing to happen before, during or after open hearings. I expect a wipe out in mid-terms and an end to committee in Jan. 2023 if not before. Once general elections are set, I expect no more subpoenas or any progress in indictments no matter how egregious their actions may be. I've lost all hope anything constructive will be forth coming.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

There will be six hearings, tonight is the first one. Merrick Garland is a cautious man, committee testimony isn't witness testimony in court. Garland isn't going to make the mistake Cy Vance, Jr did in rushing a case or John Durham when he lost his last prosecution.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

As usual the dems drag out the hearings to long everyone tires of it.
There's supposed to be some new stuff we haven't seen yata yata. Better be good.
The public already knows what happened! I saw insurrection live on the television, for Christs sake throw Trump in jail already!
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

II think people are too worried about inflation and gas prices reaching new highs to care. Biden's approval rating is hitting new lows. This hearing should have happened a long time ago. No high level arrests have been made. Half the country probably supports what happened. I don't think this will be a mid term boost for the Democrats. Just time to face the facts.
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

I sometimes wonder if I watched the same program as some here. In any case, a powerful presentation that hopefully reached some of the brain dead - like Merritt Garland. Looking forward to next presentation. Would be nice to see some indictments come down soon.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

(R, Wyoming) Senator Liz Cheney, said:

(Evening of January 6th riots) Against every wall that night encircling the room there were SWAT teams, men and women in tactical gear with long guns deployed inside our Capital building. There in the Rotunda these brave men and women rested below paintings depicting the earliest scenes. Including one painted in 1824 depicting George Washington resigning his commission, voluntarily relinquishing power, handing control of the Continental Army back to Congress. With this noble act Washington set the indispensable example the “peaceful transfer of power,” what president Regan called, “Nothing less than a miracle.” The sacred obligation to defend this sacred peaceful transfer of power has been honored by every American president, except one. As Americans we all have a duty to ensure that what happened on January 6th never happens again, to set aside partisan battles, to stand together to perpetuate and preserve our great Republic.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi