Re: Nancy uses linoleum knife on R's little sacks

highdesert wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:20 pm My town has somewhere between 30% and 40% vaccinated, the county is higher It's not like there are long lines, testing and vaccinations are available daily and there is no charge. It's not like it was in January and February when I got mine.

Yes the unknown factors are the Fall and Winter with the Delta plus variant and perhaps others could be raging.

Probably what cooper has encountered at his hospitals.
An Alabama physician glumly says she is making "a lot of progress" in encouraging people to vaccinate – as she struggles to keep them alive.

Dr. Brytney Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, wrote in a recent Facebook post she is treating a lot of young, otherwise healthy people for serious coronavirus infections.

"One of the last things they do before they're intubated is beg me for the vaccine," she wrote. "I hold their hand and tell them that I'm sorry, but it's too late."

In her post, Cobia wrote that when a patient dies, she hugs their family members and urges them to get vaccinated. She said they cry and tell her they thought the pandemic was a "hoax," or "political," or targeting some other age group or skin color.

"They wish they could go back. But they can't," Cobia wrote. "So they thank me and they go get the vaccine. And I go back to my office, write their death note, and say a small prayer that this loss will save more lives."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 035920002/
You know, when the pandemic started, I thought, well maybe this will get America to pull together. Yeah, I'm that naïve. I'm still trying to do what I can to pull people together in my small world--doing that without yielding to or validating insanity is challenging and at times I've become the divider.

Cooper I feel for you. As a retired RN I just can't understand how healthcare workers would refuse the vaccine. Did they not take a Microbiology Course. My wife taught college level Microbiology for 20 years before becoming Dean of the Math Science Dept. One thing she taught over and over is how easy a disease can spread especially now with rapid global transportation.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

cooper wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:31 pm See, I attend at a hospital in a county with a 33% vaccination rate. About 50% of hospital employees have refused the vaccine.
Not surprised even in big blue LA County in the midst of a new surge among unvaccinated, the County still hasn't mandated that staff at county owned medical centers be vaccinated. Not even the UC hospitals or the mega Cedars-Sinai in LA.

Kudos again to Houston Methodist for being the first.
https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/w ... une17.html
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

You know, when the pandemic started, I thought, well maybe this will get America to pull together. Yeah, I'm that naïve. I'm still trying to do what I can to pull people together in my small world--doing that without yielding to or validating insanity is challenging and at times I've become the divider.
I think with any other POTUS than trump the traitor, it may have 'pulled the country together'...or not. trump is a divisive SOB who thrives on insulting argument.

tonguengroover wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:08 pm I have several very sharp lino knives she can borrow. Plus a roll of marmoleum if she desires.
I'd prefer very very dull lino knives. Slit their sack and stick their leg thru it. Pelosi needs to appoint more of the semi-sane wingers to committee.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

“Pelosi suggested Thursday that she would consider appointing more Republicans to the Jan. 6 probe, less than 24 hours after she nixed two vocally pro-Trump GOP lawmakers for the select panel. Her GOP appointee to the investigation, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), separately made clear that she would support two well-known additions to the committee: Kinzinger (R-Ill.), her partner in conservative opposition to Donald Trump, and former Rep. Denver Riggleman (R-Va.), a possible pick as Cheney's outside adviser in the investigation,” according to POLITICO’s Heather Caygle, Olivia Beavers and Nicholas Wu.

“We’ll see,” Pelosi told reporters when asked if she’d appoint more Republicans to serve alongside Cheney. “It’s not even bipartisan; it’s nonpartisan. It’s about seeking the truth and that’s what we owe the American people.”
https://www.politico.com/newsletters/il ... not-493710

Kinzinger like Cheney is a conservative Republican, but they're both vocally anti-Trump.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

House Freedom Caucus asks McCarthy to try to remove Pelosi as speaker

The conservative House Freedom Caucus is urging Kevin McCarthy to try to boot Nancy Pelosi from her position as speaker, a sign of further escalating tensions after the California Democrat vetoed two of the House Minority Leader’s GOP picks from the Jan. 6 select committee.

In a letter Friday, the far-right group asked McCarthy to file and bring up a privileged motion by July 31 “to vacate the chair and end Nancy Pelosi’s authoritarian reign as Speaker of the House.”

“Speaker Pelosi’s tenure is destroying the House of Representatives and our ability to faithfully represent the people we are here to serve,” they write. “Republicans, under your leadership, must show the American people that we will act to protect our ability to represent their interests.”
The motion is all but guaranteed to fail in the Democratic House, but it signals a stewing anger on the right towards the speaker. The Freedom Caucus’ letter indicates that McCarthy would need to initiate the motion, and if he were to do so, it would further escalate partisan acrimony in the House that has remained high, and occasionally gotten personal, since Jan. 6.

They argue that Pelosi’s decision to reject Reps. Jim Banks (R-Ind.) and Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) from the panel was “intolerable.” Pelosi, meanwhile, says she made the right call blocking the two Trump allies because of their “antics” in the months following the deadly insurrection.

Banks and Jordan “made statements and took actions that just would have been ridiculous to put them on a committee seeking the truth,” Pelosi told reporters.

A spokesperson for Pelosi did not immediately respond to request for comment.

The group, which signed the letter simply as “House Freedom Caucus,” cited a series of other grievances against Pelosi that they argue represent “unconstitutional changes," such as proxy voting, “insulting security measures like metal detectors,” and her decision to kick a member of the minority — Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) — off her committees over dangerous conspiracy remarks and social media posts she made before serving in Congress.

A spokesperson for McCarthy did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/2 ... osi-500647

The Freedom Caucus is freedom for me but not for thee. Like they have as much chance of removing Nancy as a snowball surviving the California wildfires.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

lurker wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:53 am the republican party needs to decide whether they're the tRump party or not.
That decision was made Jan. 06, 2021 - Turdism won. There are only remnants of GOP laying in gutters. They have chosen ideology over nation. FDT
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

The most ridiculous part of the whole thing is Nancy pelosi using the terms "integrity" and "truth". She has neither. This is a woman who had herself photographed bowing to a communist organization. She is a piece of trash. This commission will simply be nothing more than partisan politics hyped by the leftist media networks to instill more Leftist bans, prohibitions, ect on the American people.

Whelenman358 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:27 pm The most ridiculous part of the whole thing is Nancy pelosi using the terms "integrity" and "truth". She has neither. This is a woman who had herself photographed bowing to a communist organization. She is a piece of trash. This commission will simply be nothing more than partisan politics hyped by the leftist media networks to instill more Leftist bans, prohibitions, ect on the American people.
Okay, there's how the Republican's see it...No surprises there.

The sane people are just not willing to white wash Jan 6 and sweep it under the rug. We know you're desperate for everyone to do just that, but REAL American's know EXACTLY what they saw with their own freaking eyes on Jan 6th. So hit spin cycle all you want, but 3 out of 4 American's know you're full of shit.
“I think there’s a right-wing conspiracy to promote the idea of a left-wing conspiracy”

Whelenman358 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:27 pm The most ridiculous part of the whole thing is Nancy pelosi using the terms "integrity" and "truth". She has neither. This is a woman who had herself photographed bowing to a communist organization. She is a piece of trash. This commission will simply be nothing more than partisan politics hyped by the leftist media networks to instill more Leftist bans, prohibitions, ect on the American people.
I like to hear radical right people voice their opinions. They rarely make sense. The GOP senators will do anything to stop an inquiry because they were all in on it. OK many of them.

Funny to hear people on the right call the left communists when trump and y'all don't mind kissing ass to Putin or crazy azz in N. Korea. Buddies and nice guys. LOL
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

TrueTexan wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:09 pm Cooper I feel for you. As a retired RN I just can't understand how healthcare workers would refuse the vaccine. Did they not take a Microbiology Course. My wife taught college level Microbiology for 20 years before becoming Dean of the Math Science Dept. One thing she taught over and over is how easy a disease can spread especially now with rapid global transportation.
I'm with you TT. I don't understand being in our field and being anti-vax. But there are many.

When I try to see another point of view on this, I can accept that, yeah, these vaccines were done quickly. In normal times, I'm what you would call a "late adopter" of new drugs and therapies. Intentionally so. When a new whiz-bang drug comes out, I let other doctors experiment with it on THEIR patients before I adopt it. But everything in our field is a risk / benefit analysis, and in a pandemic you do what you gotta do because people are dying.

But, of course, people aren't avoiding the vaccine because of some well-though out risk / benefit analysis. It's a political issue. Sort of frustrating.

Looks like we have a Trumpist troll here.
This is the LIBERAL Gun Club, not the Reactionary Fascist Big Lie Gun Club.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

trumpista lemming....the stench this morning is almost overpowering..
Glad you think the armed insurrection and attempted coup on January 6th was a good idea. I'm sure you will be giddy when the pillow guy gets yer boy, trump the traitor re-instated in August..

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced Sunday she has appointed GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger to the House select committee to investigate the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, bolstering the Republican presence on the panel after GOP leadership pulled its appointees last week.

"Today, I am announcing the appointment of Republican Congressman Adam Kinzinger, an Air Force veteran and Lieutenant Colonel in the Air National Guard, to serve on the Select Committee," Pelosi said in a statement. "He brings great patriotism to the Committee's mission: to find the facts and protect our Democracy."
Kinzinger, a vocal critic of former President Donald Trump who was one of 10 House Republicans to vote for his second impeachment, is joining Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming as the only Republicans on the new select committee, which is set to hold its first hearing on Tuesday.

"Let me be clear, I'm a Republican dedicated to conservative values, but I swore an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution—and while this is not the position I expected to be in or sought out, when duty calls, I will always answer," the Illinois Republican said in a statement Sunday.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/25/politics ... index.html

There is speculation that Pelosi could appoint a few more Republicans to the committee, right now it's 7 Democrats and 2 Republicans but she'll have to do it quick as the hearings start tomorrow.

The "Freedom Caucus" is pushing McCarthy to discipline Cheney and Kinzinger for accepting the appointment. If McCarthy removes their committee assignments Pelosi can just reappoint them.

Semi-rhetorical question - Since McCarthy has labeled Cheney and Kinzinger as Pelosi Republicans, does that make them worse than a Trump ass suck up or miles higher on the 0-10 intellect scale where McCarthy and his ilk is 0 and C/K 10's??

I'm looking forward to the committee meeting tomorrow. Hope I can find someplace to stream since I do not have cable.