Re: Pedophile...that's fine. Gay, to hell with you!!

I'm with you, BearPaws, that's some creepy privacy invasion. All above board apparently. Not sure I understand the details, but it looks like they could take the same approach with my phone. They would then publish how many times I stop at Kwik Trip for coffee then take a stroll up the ammo aisle at Cabela's to see if they have anything other than 25 ACP in stock.

Non sequitur on both of those. I like the Kwik Trip Guatemalan (probably the same stuff as the other urns with a different label--but I'm easy). My dog peed in Cabelas yesterday. First time peeing in a store ever. Clerk said he was just over-marking a spot they had just cleaned up.

Small nitpick, though, BearPaws. I don't think he's unfit based on being gay. Too bad he can't just be openly gay and serve his flock. Oh well. WWJD? Prolly not what most Christians do.

Another victim of the culture wars between reactionaries and progressives in the Catholic Church. The reactionaries blame the whole clergy abuse problem on gay clerics, spreading the myth that gays are child molesters. The coverups by reactionary bishops to avoid scandal made it all so much worse. Burrill was dumb to assume that he could go to gay bars and use Grindr without eventually getting outed, he held a high profile position as general secretary of the NCCB. I wish him well.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

cooper wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:08 am

Small nitpick, though, BearPaws. I don't think he's unfit based on being gay. Too bad he can't just be openly gay and serve his flock. Oh well. WWJD? Prolly not what most Christians do.
Oh, I don't give two craps about his sexuality, either. That's between him and his deity, and whichever consenting adult interacts with him in that part of his life.

The history of the Catholic Church regarding priests who are pedophiles is abhorrent, as I suspect you will agree. The abuse of authority practiced by clergy of all denominations (sexual abuse of parishioners isn't just a Catholic thing...) goes virtually unpunished, and it's one of the reasons I'm glad I haven't attended a church service since I was ten years old (for decades, the only reason I was ever in a church sanctuary was for other people's weddings or funerals, and it's about the people, not about the church).
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:02 am WTF? When the fuck is the world (especially the RWNJs) figure out the pedophiles and LGBTQ are no more related than toxic waste dumps and lemon meringue pie?
These reactionary types spread some very bizarre thinking. Remember they're the ones that believe that if a woman is raped she can't get pregnant, that her body rejects the sperm from a rapist. Therefore abortions due to rape are never required. Protestant fundamentalists aren't the only right wing nut jobs, Catholic reactionaries are in there with them.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

BearPaws wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:56 am
cooper wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:08 am

Oh, I don't give two craps about his sexuality, either. That's between him and his deity, and whichever consenting adult interacts with him in that part of his life.

The history of the Catholic Church regarding priests who are pedophiles is abhorrent, as I suspect you will agree. The abuse of authority practiced by clergy of all denominations (sexual abuse of parishioners isn't just a Catholic thing...) goes virtually unpunished, and it's one of the reasons I'm glad I haven't attended a church service since I was ten years old (for decades, the only reason I was ever in a church sanctuary was for other people's weddings or funerals, and it's about the people, not about the church).
You are correct and I am with you as for going to church. I think more like Matthew 6.5-7
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their full reward. But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not babble on like pagans, for they think that by their many words they will be heard.…"
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

FrontSight wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:01 am Christians in America really have their priorities all backwards. The press needs to keep calling this shit out until the bulk of America realizes that religion is not moral.
I don't see that happening in my lifetime. Religion is very powerful in the US and it's protected in the Constitution. They have money and donate to politicians who protect their interests. I'd just like their tax exemption restricted to their church sanctuaries, so they can't claim every unrelated business.

highdesert wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:18 am
I don't see that happening in my lifetime. Religion is very powerful in the US and it's protected in the Constitution. They have money and donate to politicians who protect their interests. I'd just like their tax exemption restricted to their church sanctuaries, so they can't claim every unrelated business.
We need to strictly enforce the Johnson Amendment not allowing churches to donate money or other significant activities to political parties or campaigns. Also I agree only have tax exemption restricted to their church sanctuaries. Not their book stores or schools or any other activities. All income not collected at the services should be taxed. Parsonages should be subject to property taxes. There is a Televangelist Kennth Copeland that lives in Tarrant County Northwest of Fort Worth on a Ranch he owns has a 6,000 foot runway for his private jets and a 6.3 million dollar lakeside Parsonage overlooking Eagle Mountain Lake. Tarrant County exempts $30 million of Kenneth Copeland's property from the local tax rolls. This excused him from paying about $660,000 in property taxes last year.

More info at https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna25865017

His Prosperity Gospel has really paid off for him and his family, He makes TFG look like a piker when it comes to money and hiding it from the IRS and State and local Tax Collectors.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:48 am
highdesert wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:18 am
We need to strictly enforce the Johnson Amendment not allowing churches to donate money or other significant activities to political parties or campaigns. Also I agree only have tax exemption restricted to their church sanctuaries. Not their book stores or schools or any other activities. All income not collected at the services should be taxed. Parsonages should be subject to property taxes. There is a Televangelist Kennth Copeland that lives in Tarrant County Northwest of Fort Worth on a Ranch he owns has a 6,000 foot runway for his private jets and a 6.3 million dollar lakeside Parsonage overlooking Eagle Mountain Lake. Tarrant County exempts $30 million of Kenneth Copeland's property from the local tax rolls. This excused him from paying about $660,000 in property taxes last year.

More info at https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna25865017

His Prosperity Gospel has really paid off for him and his family, He makes TFG look like a piker when it comes to money and hiding it from the IRS and State and local Tax Collectors.

That's exactly what riles me about these televangelists, they rip off poor followers and keep millions tax free. And our great politicians of both parties don't challenge these phonies.

highdesert wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:31 am
YankeeTarheel wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:02 am WTF? When the fuck is the world (especially the RWNJs) figure out the pedophiles and LGBTQ are no more related than toxic waste dumps and lemon meringue pie?
These reactionary types spread some very bizarre thinking. Remember they're the ones that believe that if a woman is raped she can't get pregnant, that her body rejects the sperm from a rapist. Therefore abortions due to rape are never required. Protestant fundamentalists aren't the only right wing nut jobs, Catholic reactionaries are in there with them.
They should check with the tens of thousands of women raped in Darfur because Bashir ordered his troops to rape them so they'd bear children of Arab men.
It was actually his criminally sick official policy.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."