FBI Arrests Grapevine Man Photographed in Tactical Gear on US Senate Floor

Never piss off your ex.
The FBI arrested a North Texas man Sunday in connection with last week's riots at the U.S. Capitol.

Larry Rendell Brock, of Grapevine, was charged with knowingly entering or remaining in a restricted building and violent entry and disorderly conduct.

Brock, 53, lived at an apartment complex along Main Street in Grapevine and surrendered to FBI agents Sunday after agreeing to meet them at the Grapevine Police Department, officials said.

In an arrest affidavit, an FBI agent said that Brock’s ex-wife was among those who contacted the Bureau telling investigators, “I just know that when I saw this was happening, I was afraid he would be there. I think you already know he was there. It is such a good picture and I recognize his patch," the affidavit said.

John Scott-Railton, a researcher who studies cyber threats at the Citizen Lab at the University of Toronto, also identified Brock from the photos and notified the FBI.

“My first question was, 'Who is this man with military-style patches?' He's wearing a bunch of gear. He looks pretty comfortable in it,” Scott-Railton said.

Using Texas-themed logos and military insignia on Brock’s clothing and information gathered online, Scott-Railton determined the man in the helmet appeared to be Brock, a retired U.S. Air Force Lt. Colonel from Texas.

“I think we as a country need to understand how a man like Lt. Col. Brock gets from a distinguished service record to making the choices that put him on the floor of the Senate that day,” Scott-Railton said.

Brock recently worked for the aviation division of the Hillwood development company in Fort Worth, but the company said Brock is no longer employed there.
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/fbi- ... r/2524718/

Another news station said he asking for a public defender because he can’t afford to hire a lawyer. Maybe he can get one of the Trump lawyers to defend him. They have such great records.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,