Re: European Security Officials Think Trump Attempted a Coup

As long as it is Trump orchestration a coup there is little to worry about. The man has been a failure at EVERYTHING he has ever done and surrounds himself with equally incompetent folk.

He really believes there is no one smart than him and his followers are dumb enough to agree.

But worry about the competent autocrat.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

K9s wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:13 pm
lurker wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:19 pm they must think we're a pack of fools. maybe they're right.
They have their own issues. They are just disappointed in the USA. I think most of our allies are disappointed.
I think in the past four years they’ve gotten used to disappointment.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Heard an interview of some folks in Abuja, Nigeria, who said they were: A) Shocked and surprised that America was just like Nigeria (coups); B)Saddened that the shining beacon of democracy had been shown to be so fallible.

I think the general feeling around the world is tremendous sadness watching what happened Jan 6th.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:06 am Heard an interview of some folks in Abuja, Nigeria, who said they were: A) Shocked and surprised that America was just like Nigeria (coups); B)Saddened that the shining beacon of democracy had been shown to be so fallible.

I think the general feeling around the world is tremendous sadness watching what happened Jan 6th.
Except Putin. It's another step on his quest to destroy the Western alliances, the EU, and Democracy so he can re-create the "glorious Russian Empire" with himself as "Tsar of All Russias".
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."